Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries though, just think of it as getting rid of McGeady and getting in a better loan player.
McGeady doesn't play on the left though, then again McGeady shouldn't be playing on the right or anywhere on the team come to think of it. It's not like he'd be replacing McGeady as he hasn't been in koemans or even Martinez's thoughts, as he hasn't played.

I can fully understand the reason for frustration and an ( almost ) willingness to believe what the media spout. Because largely, that is all we have to cling on to.
I can't speak for any body else, naturally, but if it weren't for the calming voice of reason which appears at irregular intervals from @The Esk, I think I would have been feeling more than just a tad anxious at this point. Let's face it, our last major signing was on the last day of the January window. And he was garbage.
It is little wonder we are desperate for good news (as opposed to the daily gossip of losing both Rom and Stones), because that is what we have become. Desperate.
The settling in of a new management team, and the Euros ( which i am pleased to note the new regime are not using as an excuse to be un-prepared for the new season), but, PLEASE, Everton, let's get the whole signing of players debacle up and running.
Since the end of the season just finished, there have been almost 1900 pages dedicated to this thread. Almost 1900 pages. That is an unbelievable number, and yet we still await our first MAJOR signing.
Reasons aside, that is totally unacceptable.
End of rant.

Lets be honest, things aint happening the way many thought they would. januzaj on loan basically shows that. Why on earth if we had £100m would we get him on loan.

Since the end of the season just finished, there have been almost 1900 pages dedicated to this thread. Almost 1900 pages. That is an unbelievable number, and yet we still await our first MAJOR signing.
Reasons aside, that is totally unacceptable.
End of rant.
Is that unacceptable the amount of pages or unacceptable we haven't made a 'major' signing?

Lets be honest, things aint happening the way many thought they would. januzaj on loan basically shows that. Why on earth if we had £100m would we get him on loan.

Well, one reason I can think of is because you can let someone who is on loan rot on the bench, only trotting him out when you need bodies. Spending 15 mill for a backup who sees 5-6 games in a season is a good way to ensure they are worth 5 mill the following summer. In any team you need starters, a few high quality backups/squad players, and you need fillers, in case of emergency. The less you can spend on the fillers, the better.

Bang average haha, Mane has scored 21 league goals in his first 2 PL seasons.

And Wijnaldum has scored 11 in his first season.

10ish goals a season. Not sure why we're supposed to think that's amazing? That's crap for a forward, and they're both forwards.

3C88D015-EB08-5D8E-111CF16399C1BEBE.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back