Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be stunned if we sold Lukaku for anything less than £75m. It would have to be a truly stupid bid like that for us to entertain the impact it'd have on our status in the game and on the fans.

Although as a fan, if we got £75m for Lukaku, I'd be absolutely delighted... I don't think many join me in that view, especially if we haven't brought in his replacement before we sell him.

I wouldn't.
I think we've been taught a hard lesson this summer regarding how tough it is to buy quality even if you do have the money.
There's a reason why Chelsea would be willing to part with 75 mil for him. It's because a 20+ goalscorer is extremely hard to come by and invaluable if you want to win things.

I'd be stunned if we sold Lukaku for anything less than £75m. It would have to be a truly stupid bid like that for us to entertain the impact it'd have on our status in the game and on the fans.

Although as a fan, if we got £75m for Lukaku, I'd be absolutely delighted... I don't think many join me in that view, especially if we haven't brought in his replacement before we sell him.

£75m is a hell of a lot of cash.

But we are seemingly crap at spending actual cash so it seems pointless to sell.

£75m is a hell of a lot of cash.

But we are seemingly crap at spending actual cash so it seems pointless to sell.

That's the issue yeah.

If we could bring in a 10-15 goal striker who's overall game better fits our set up, and that means he is involved in getting 15 more goals from the rest of the attacking unit, then I'd be happy with cashing in on Lukaku, who offers next to nothing other than goals.

As said though, I'd have to see such a player brought in before we sold Lukaku, as it'd be pure panic stations if we didn't IMO.

I wouldn't.
I think we've been taught a hard lesson this summer regarding how tough it is to buy quality even if you do have the money.
There's a reason why Chelsea would be willing to part with 75 mil for him. It's because a 20+ goalscorer is extremely hard to come by and invaluable if you want to win things.

Lots of Prem teams seem to be finding it difficult to buy quality.
I think the pressure is going to be too much and if you pardon the expression there will be an orgy of transfers once the Pogba type deals go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back