Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's got potential coming out of every pore and is a real talent

Surely you'd agree though, he's more of a team player since his first stint and he's a better player for being so?

Because that was the nub of my argument 3 years ago
But let's be honest, you engaged in slightly more over the top rhetoric regarding his talents 3 years ago.

It was not, 'he's great, but...', it was 'he is selfish, and therefore I hate seeing him in the team, doesn't pass, won't pass, and has no vision'.

I don't think anyone disagreed that he needed to get his head up more. But your championing of hardworking players, often from the lower leagues or Scotland, in addition to your slightly overzealous rhetoric regarding Del, objectively an extremely talented boy, often raised a few eyebrows.

Anyhow.

Del is brilliant, isn't he?

He's got potential coming out of every pore and is a real talent

Surely you'd agree though, he's more of a team player since his first stint and he's a better player for being so?

Because that was the nub of my argument 3 years ago

Do you think this is why you are over compensating with regards Adnan and all the other tosh younger players you champion Mikey?

But let's be honest, you engaged in slightly more over the top rhetoric regarding his talents 3 years ago.

It was not, 'he's great, but...', it was 'he is selfish, and therefore I hate seeing him in the team, doesn't pass, won't pass, and has no vision'.

I don't think anyone disagreed that he needed to get his head up more. But your championing of hardworking players, often from the lower leagues or Scotland, in addition to your slightly overzealous rhetoric regarding Del, objectively an extremely talented boy, often raised a few eyebrows.

Anyhow.

Del is brilliant, isn't he?

I never said he had no vision

It was the fact he had vision but was squandering it that annoyed me

And the style of my "rhetoric" doesn't change the fact I was right

I 100% agree

Can't believe some seem to think he's regressed

I don't get it either. I was fuming when RM dropped him last season.

He may not have been fully fit and may give the ball away sometimes but he's so dangerous going forward. I get why some people think he's inconsistent but even when he's having a bad game is more likely to get an assist or score a goal than 90% of our other players.

It didn't suprise me when he was dropped that we stopped scoring goals. Shame we carried on conceding them at the same rate.

I never said he had no vision

It was the fact he had vision but was squandering it that annoyed me

And the style of my "rhetoric" doesn't change the fact I was right
I was exaggerating for effect. It was 3 years ago, and I let others tend the vaults.

Rhetorical style has everything to do with your accuracy, however. The boy needed to play to iron out those problems. Not be stuck on the bench because he wasn't the best player in the world at 19. You did not care to have him back after his loan. Which was objectively mad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back