Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I agree with miley about him wasting possession. He tends to run into the defender quite a bit rather than beat him. No one coached him how to beat his man when they are not on the back foot so to speak.

Watch the west Bromwich game we got beat in. He comes on and does it over and over again.

I shouldn't continue.

But I will, because I am bad, and stupid, and make bad life choices. Firstly, none of those vaults were about a simple, 'he loses possession too much'. Which is a fair (if a bit harsh) criticism. They were prefering Oviedo over Del, because all Del can do is 'run fast'. Which was madness, even then.

Secondly, he's a tricky winger that needs to try stuff. He'll fail most of the time, but make magic the 1-2 times he doesn't. As he should generally be far up the pitch when attempting that stuff, it's not a huge drawback, and there is huge benefit in it. In other words, of course he loses the ball. You tend to lose the ball sometimes when you actually try to do something with it. Look at the players that don't lose the ball - McCarthy, Barry, Cleverly. The players that do - Del, Mirallas, Rom. Their roles have quite a bit to do with it. And the players with magic in their boots will still lose the ball sometimes.

That's not to say Del is the complete player, nor to say he's the finished product. But you must be on a windup to question his brilliance overall.

I really like how Koeman has done his business so far, bringing in somebody to deal with the transfers before pressing forward. He's got a decent backup keeper (maybe even a first class keeper to come in).

Though the best part is you can see that he's seen things which Martinez failed to see in two years. If the rumors are true, instantly going out and aiming for a true leader... Jags is decent but sometimes lets Everton players drop off and doesn't command in certain matches. Not only that but aiming to get a decent Defensive Midfielder to partner McCarthy, Barry... and his stats look pretty decent.

Along with that hopefully selling Stones, keeping Lukaku, getting a better stopper, backup forward and extra central defender.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Del is the real deal. He's got the natural ability to be one of the best - he's not there yet, got a long way to go, but he could be. If his fitness has improved from last season (and going off his shifts up front in preseason he seems to be much fitter) then he should be one of the first names on the team sheet. I've got high hopes for that boy. ;)

Ross and Mirallas are better

Different players mate

But in terms of pure talent the Del is the best, one on one he can get past a player in a phone box and that's something that all defenders hate.

He just needs to work on his finishing and decision making so I hope that will improve with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back