Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the fact we're only two thirds of the way through it.

You're being stupid.
It is weird to have to keep pointing this out on a football forum, but I'll give it another go:

Do you understand why we would want to sign players? That's right, to play football!

The football starts in around 10 days.

If there was any truth in the 'new era' talk and of Mata, Witsel, Carvalho talk etc, then there is absolutely no logical reason why at least some of those deals wouldn't have been wrapped up by now.

Instead we're signing Gueye and Williams.

I find it astonishing that people would rather keep showing blind faith in the ramblings of a random geezer on a forum than see what is plainly going on in front of their own eyes.
c1cd20d71cbce388bd84ebfde5fb7e22.jpg

A guy who nobody has heard of from the worst team in Premier League history and a 32 year old centre back from Swansea.

Williams would be a solid, if short-term signing, I have no real issue with that move.

But it's a long way off 'things will never be the same' and '100 million warchest'.

I think it would do us all some good to begin to acknowledge we've been led up the garden path this transfer window.

1) Villa were nowhere near the worst team in history, Derby went down with just 11 points in 08, Sunderland broke the record twice with 15 and 19 point respectively and Swindon went down in an expanded league conceding over 100 goals

2) No one in the club has ever actually said how much we have to spend on players, just speculation

Odd that still no official announcement re. Gueye. Maybe they are dotting the I's and crossing the T's on another deal? #doublesigning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back