Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy who nobody has heard of from the worst team in Premier League history and a 32 year old centre back from Swansea.

Williams would be a solid, if short-term signing, I have no real issue with that move.

But it's a long way off 'things will never be the same' and '100 million warchest'.

I think it would do us all some good to begin to acknowledge we've been led up the garden path this transfer window.

THE WINDOW HAS NOT CLOSED YET

...I watched him turn up, and it did set the bells off, thinking...'Right, 13.5 million quid, and he's on his todd, no advisor, looking lost, and in what may well be a MICRA...'

Pfffff....

Do you reckon the real Niasse is still in Russia somewhere and we have been proper seen off - bit of payback from Putin for us binning off his long lost sibling Hibbertov!

A guy who nobody has heard of from the worst team in Premier League history and a 32 year old centre back from Swansea.

Williams would be a solid, if short-term signing, I have no real issue with that move.

But it's a long way off 'things will never be the same' and '100 million warchest'.

I think it would do us all some good to begin to acknowledge we've been led up the garden path this transfer window.

Who exactly has led us down the path.

'Nothing will be the same' was a slogan for season tickets. Nothing to do with transfers.

'100mil warchest' was not confirmed either way as true or not. It remains to be seen. What is true is Mosh has invested heavily in the club.

We've taken one of the PL's most respected manager's from a rival club, we've taken the head scout of the most surprising title-winning side in history and installed him as our DoF. The side already look fitter and are transferring to a different, more direct style, which should suit our best player.

Meanwhile, we've signed a back up keeper RK trusts and a player him and Walsh both targeted last summer, and as we agree what would be a great signing in Williams. There's four weeks left of the window, and plenty of reason to be positive.

Why mate?
If there was any truth in the 'new era' talk and of Mata, Witsel, Carvalho talk etc, then there is absolutely no logical reason why at least some of those deals wouldn't have been wrapped up by now.

Instead we're signing Gueye and Williams.

I find it astonishing that people would rather keep showing blind faith in the ramblings of a random geezer on a forum than see what is plainly going on in front of their own eyes.

Not 'led up the garden path' more a realisation it is difficult to attract top players to a team that has finished in the bottom half of the league 2 seasons running. We have raised the bar with regard to players we can afford, persuading them to join moshiri's vision for the club is another thing. A agree the signing of gueye doesn't excite me, but do you honestly think Koeman would have joined us, if he didn't have guarantees with regard to financial backing?

1st part - yes, if you can replace them with talent as good. We won't
2nd part - agreed. this is the best thing about RK. He's very good with young talent, and even under achieving players. He can also get the best out of average players
3rd part - I've no idea what that means, but :celebrate:
I think he meant more professionalism than sophistication. Slowly but surely with regard to the boardroom and appointing a DOF we are slowly building the foundations for future progress. Alas many supporters only want instant success.

Despite the fact we're only two thirds of the way through it.

You're being stupid.

If there was any truth in the 'new era' talk and of Mata, Witsel, Carvalho talk etc, then there is absolutely no logical reason why at least some of those deals wouldn't have been wrapped up by now.

I find it astonishing that people would rather keep showing blind faith in the ramblings of a random geezer on a forum than see what is plainly going on in front of their own eyes.

The only ramblings from a random geezer are coming from you.

Must be a WUM
Or a 12 year old
or a Trump supporter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back