Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hasen't it always been in the bag by your opinion.
Saying its been re-ignited implies we gave up on this at some point

Esk seems like one of the soundest posters on here and he's one of the most insightful I've seen post on the financial side of the game anywhere online.

But boy is he killing me with hope these days. And as any evertonian knows, it's the hope that kills you!

At the same time I want his info so I shouldn't complain lol

Hasen't it always been in the bag by your opinion.
Saying its been re-ignited implies we gave up on this at some point

Actually no it doesn't. Just to recap. We made an approach to Manchester United which was acceptable to them. We had permission to speak to Mata who was interested in what we offered. His agent wanted to see what was available in the market and did so. Jose then decided he would take Mata to China and subject to the Pogba situation we might (and others ) be able to pick up the interest in Mata.

That's where we are today. We've picked up that interest which may result in a positive outcome later this week.

Actually no it doesn't. Just to recap. We made an approach to Manchester United which was acceptable to them. We had permission to speak to Mata who was interested in what we offered. His agent wanted to see what was available in the market and did so. Jose then decided he would take Mata to China and subject to the Pogba situation we might (and others ) be able to pick up the interest in Mata.

That's where we are today. We've picked up that interest which may result in a positive outcome later this week.

Sorry for being a tit. But that is my one issue. Why if all these players are indeed happy with the terms we offer them, are they not signing. Is it not more a case of them not completely ruling us out, than them choosing us? It seems like either we are not showing any urgency. Or the players are reluctant to commit to us and aren't sold on the new everton. I suspect the latter.

Sorry for being a tit. But that is my one issue. Why if all these players are indeed happy with the terms we offer them, are they not signing. Is it not more a case of them not completely ruling us out, than them choosing us? It seems like either we are not showing any urgency. Or the players are reluctant to commit to us and aren't sold on the new everton. I suspect the latter.
I think most players who aren't connected to any club in the negotiations probably want to know all their options.

Why do we want Mata?
Ageing,slow, has been. Need new talent. Thought that's why Walsh was appointed.

Must agree. Mata was ok once but now.. Walsh is there to get us great players for less. The next Witsel. The next Mata. And so on. Walsh is not there to sign us the Mata, the Witsel.

Ah what am I saying, would still like Axel and William, Mata perhaps but not essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back