Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read my post properly then. I never claimed we will get better by not replacing them did I?

All I said was judging our relative improvement in the off season we are currently in should be made by comparing what we have lost from last season against what we have gained to start the next season. How good Howard, Piennar etc were ten years ago doesn't matter in terms of improving now.

That being said, I of course want the best possible replacements.

This discussion stems from another poster asking us to look 'objectively', and then going on to claim that failing to replace the likes of Pienaar and Howard represents improvement. How good they were does matter when measuring improvement, as their replacements need to be better than what they offered us for a long time for us to progress and have actual improvement. Replacing them with players of a lesser standard or nobody at all will clearly lead to regression.

I'm really starting to question if there was ever any money at all. I'm starting to think Koeman and Walsh where brought in because of there success with small fee's. If we really had money it would be getting spent. 7-8 new players needed and we have gotten 1 player and the season starts next saturday. Same old same old.

I'm really starting to question if there was ever any money at all. I'm starting to think Koeman and Walsh where brought in because of there success with small fee's. If we really had money it would be getting spent. 7-8 new players needed and we have gotten 1 player and the season starts next saturday. Same old same old.

Course there's money. Stop being so melodramatic.

Finding posters praising Martínez up to a certain periodo. Yep, easy. Finding some posters saying the odd thing about strongest squad in however long. Yep, youll find them too. However you were on about some posters saying those things and now saying our problema were all the coach and the squad is great but unbalanced. Im not surprised you couldnt be arsed going to find some examples of this because I think you'd struggle to back up your vague whinge. Trying to make it sound as if half the forum is like this....

Also you might be throwing around deluded as much as people are throwing around the term bedwetters ;)

Realism Dymak would involve at least some hint of positivity in your posts and would not involve you positing the worst case scenario as if its a fact.......in........every........single...........post.

Its not as simple as, every poster calling you a whingebag or a bedwetters is deluded. I personally am not overly excited by the new manager for example, and know no more than the next fan what our final squad will be, so I couldn't call how this season will go. Id wager it will be an improvement, but whether a small or big one I have zero idea. Its possible our squad is not good enough....as the Guardián put it, its the mix now of three different managers players........but its not a certain as you keep stating.

Can you actually just make on post here listing a few things you are happy about at the club?

I have expressed satisfaction with Moshiri's takeover, and I think it has a lot of potential, but in order for that potential to be realised this current squad needs to be overhauled. No overhaul, and the midtable status quo continues, it's as simple as that. The current squad is poor and we need much better players if we want to compete.

I have expressed satisfaction with Moshiri's takeover, and I think it has a lot of potential, but in order for that potential to be realised this current squad needs to be overhauled. No overhaul, and the midtable status quo continues, it's as simple as that. The current squad is poor and we need much better players if we want to compete.
I agree about the squad needing to be overhauled but it takes time, a few transfer windows and then judge

Sorry Esk but I don´t buy that Pogba is the reason we have failed miserably in the transfer market this summer. Surely we could have done more, gotten players in that would have improved us; if now like you say we have money to spend (which I´m not convinced of - I think Koeman has been brought in because he does well on a limited budget) there are good footballers all across Europe. Better than what we have currently at least. Why didn´t we go for somebody else when Witsel didn´t arrive? Why have we wasted so much time?

Why is it so difficult for you to understand that Witsel remains a target, and we are still in the frame for him - as with a number of other of our top targets? Why do you want us to go and buy 2nd, 3rd or 4th choices when our first ones are still attainable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back