Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is pal. You lose a few and not only do you have to then keep winning you have to hope other teams lose more than you win. It's tough. If you get 9 points behind city in September say, you'll never catch them.

And I've not said we will get bad results, but from what I've seen so far we look way off

Yes but you're acting like it's already happened, is my point. If it does happen and it comes to September 1st and we still don't have the players in then yes, it will be time to moan.

But what's the point stressing now? Really. Nobody on here can control it and nobody on here has any say.

I just don't get the panic... yet.

Lets be honest, we needed quality in the midfield before and we need it even more now.

We surely have to be close to someone today and making a couple of signings in the next few days if we want them ready. Dont care if Pogba is holding anything up, go out and pay what it takes now.

Yes but you're acting like it's already happened, is my point. If it does happen and it comes to September 1st and we still don't have the players in then yes, it will be time to moan.

But what's the point stressing now? Really. Nobody on here can control it and nobody on here has any say.

Its not panic time, but its certainly time to be a little bit concerned. While the transfer window has plenty of time to mature, we do need to be looking active.

The midfield issue is something which should have been sorted, same as the GK position, we are only a week away from kicking a ball in anger.

Am sure we will see plenty of players before the window shuts, but the main deals should have been pushed through before we kick a ball.

Transfer window should end the night before the season start... but thats another issue.

Lets be honest, we needed quality in the midfield before and we need it even more now.

We surely have to be close to someone today and making a couple of signings in the next few days if we want them ready. Dont care if Pogba is holding anything up, go out and pay what it takes now.
I'd say it is still sell-to-buy but that can't be the case otherwise we'd have sold Stones ages ago for 40m and bought a few squad players with the money. The only thing it could be is being too optimistic with our targets and being rejected time and time again, and having no plan B for that scenarion. You expect a little more from a professional club with a billionaire owner and a director of football, like.

I'd say it is still sell-to-buy but that can't be the case otherwise we'd have sold Stones ages ago for 40m and bought a few squad players with the money. The only thing it could be is being too optimistic with our targets and being rejected time and time again, and having no plan B for that scenarion. You expect a little more from a professional club with a billionaire owner and a director of football, like.

I think its took time for everything to settle for us. I do believe that we had to give Koeman time to assess, regardless what other people think.

I dont think we are in sell to buy situation to be honest from what i have been told that couldn't be further from the truth, other factors are holding us up, which is out of our control.

However we should have said by now, right if X player isn't signing we move on to Y, and move quickly and with intent.

Neither would I if the season started wef 1 September. We were gash last season and finished a poor mid-table. If we take off our blue-tinted glasses, most would admit our squad is paper thin and we lack any true drive, grit or leadership - let alone genuine match-dominating tactics.

I, for one, am no happy one iota that we're effectively chinning off about a twelfth of the league campaign in the same nick as we signed-off in May.

It's very worrying.

Neither would I if the season started wef 1 September. We were gash last season and finished a poor mid-table. If we take off our blue-tinted glasses, most would admit our squad is paper thin and we lack any true drive, grit or leadership - let alone genuine match-dominating tactics.

I, for one, am no happy one iota that we're effectively chinning off about a twelfth of the league campaign in the same nick as we signed-off in May.

It's very worrying.

I think I'd be very very worried if Martinez was still in charge. He was ruining a group of alright players. Koeman being there will make a difference. A big difference I think.

Of course we could do with a good few players but there's loads of time for that.

It's very worrying.

See i am not as concerned as i would be if Martinez would be in charge. I have seen enough of what Koeman has tried to do in the friendlies to make me think that he is more tactically astute and we should get at least 3 or 4 places boost due to that.

The concern i have is everyone knows where our weaknesses are, and we should have addressed them before the season starts. We WILL sign players before the window shuts, i am 100% certain of it, we should have just done our best to push deals through before a ball was kicked.

I think I'd be very very worried if Martinez was still in charge. He was ruining a group of alright players. Koeman being there will make a difference. A big difference I think.

Of course we could do with a good few players but there's loads of time for that.

Hahaha you beat me to the first point by literally 10 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back