Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its took time for everything to settle for us. I do believe that we had to give Koeman time to assess, regardless what other people think.

I dont think we are in sell to buy situation to be honest from what i have been told that couldn't be further from the truth, other factors are holding us up, which is out of our control.

However we should have said by now, right if X player isn't signing we move on to Y, and move quickly and with intent.
No it's clearly not sell to buy, but we should have a backup plan in place for the (likely) scenario that 'big name' players don't want to join us because Martinez ruined us. We clearly had a list of Witsel, Mata, Carvalho, etc, and also no idea who to go for if they all rejected us for a bigger team. A goalkeeper should have been sorted ages ago, we need a midfielder, a centre back and a striker - and that's the bare minimum. Awful transfer window so far.

I understand when people say there is still time in the transfer window but our inactivity/inability to get in players so far is worrying. Particularly when you look at what we require, we need quality in midfield, we may need another centre half, we may need a forward and possibility a goal keeper. That could be five players.
I could be more confident if I could see players arriving.

I understand when people say there is still time in the transfer window but our inactivity/inability to get in players so far is worrying. Particularly when you look at what we require, we need quality in midfield, we may need another centre half, we may need a forward and possibility a goal keeper. That could be five players.
I could be more confident if I could see players arriving.

The goalkeeper thing is mental I do agree.

Going to Stoke

tumblr_inline_njoxg3l6yO1t7oi6g.gif

lol

Its not panic time, but its certainly time to be a little bit concerned. While the transfer window has plenty of time to mature, we do need to be looking active.

The midfield issue is something which should have been sorted, same as the GK position, we are only a week away from kicking a ball in anger.

Am sure we will see plenty of players before the window shuts, but the main deals should have been pushed through before we kick a ball.

Transfer window should end the night before the season start... but thats another issue.

I agree Chaz but just because it hasn't doesn't mean it's time to panic or I'm going to get 'stressed' because, at the end of the day, it's out of our control.

It's certainly frustrating, and we should expect better, but until the window shuts I'm not judging it - because even with the limitations within our squad we've changed the key factor in our underachievement of the last few seasons already - the manager.

For all the '4 weeks left in the window' stuff which is the optimism on here, which is correct by the way, can't help but feel we are missing one little thing.

If the players were here now then it would be easier to integrate them into the new tactics and way of thinking meaning we have a better chance of hitting the ground running in 2 weeks. As it stands we are going to be fielding a rather the same team which is fine, some players going to be like new signings ( lol ) in the likes of del, ross and kev. But the problem we have is depth and beyond the first team in all fairness we have mediocre back up which could lead to us struggling to kick this new era off when the likes of spurs and the like can boast new signings to get their momentum going, all part of the squad as well for weeks.

I firmly believe the most important signing we can make this window is an attacking option to give us alternatives going forward. Kone isn't good enough, and niasse not even part of the squad anymore. We need some attacking options desperatly, and now besic is out, need centre mids as a matter of urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back