Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'd be very very worried if Martinez was still in charge. He was ruining a group of alright players. Koeman being there will make a difference. A big difference I think.

Of course we could do with a good few players but there's loads of time for that.

Exactly Ijjy.

Last season, everyone was fuming because this squad (which while it certainly is imbalanced and certainly needs improvement) 'underachieved'. Due to that underachievement our coaching staff lost their respective jobs (only to somehow swindle one of the best jobs in international football).

Already, as proved against United, we're looking a bit more solid and Davies and Holgate IMO are showing they're ready to at least have an impact on the side at points this season.

Ideally, we'll get a signing in this weekend and one or two in next week. Even if some of them aren't available to play vs Spurs, it'll give everybody a lift. But if it doesn't happen I'm not going to pretend the sky is falling down...

Neither would I if the season started wef 1 September. We were gash last season and finished a poor mid-table. If we take off our blue-tinted glasses, most would admit our squad is paper thin and we lack any true drive, grit or leadership - let alone genuine match-dominating tactics.

I, for one, am no happy one iota that we're effectively chinning off about a twelfth of the league campaign in the same nick as we signed-off in May.

It's very worrying.

The main reason we were gash though is because of the manager - who has now been replaced.

I'm not saying the squad doesn't need improving as it quite clearly does, but let's not right us off just yet.

We ended the season in awful form but the feel around the club since Koeman's appointment has changed - a lot. The players clearly respect him and are all working hard to try and show they have futures here. Completely different circumstances to what they were in April and May.

Exactly Ijjy.

Last season, everyone was fuming because this squad (which while it certainly is imbalanced and certainly needs improvement) 'underachieved'. Due to that underachievement our coaching staff lost their respective jobs (only to somehow swindle one of the best jobs in international football).

Already, as proved against United, we're looking a bit more solid and Davies and Holgate IMO are showing they're ready to at least have an impact on the side at points this season.

Ideally, we'll get a signing in this weekend and one or two in next week. Even if some of them aren't available to play vs Spurs, it'll give everybody a lift. But if it doesn't happen I'm not going to pretend the sky is falling down...

I foresee a 0-0 against Spurs, new signings or no.

WE will get tonked on Saturday because we have not improved our squad in time.

Yes, there are 4 weeks left but, the season starts in one week.

It's a shame because, if RK had got players in early and they had time to integrate we could have got off to a flier, instead, we will struggle for the first few weeks at least and lose a great opportunity for this season.

Yes, I know Rome wasn't built in a day and yes, I know he needed to assess what we have already, it's just a shame when Jose and Pep etc manage to get new players in but we can't.

I foresee a 0-0 against Spurs, new signings or no.

People are also negating the fact that Spurs have had the majority of their best players missing large chunks of pre-season due to the Euros (I don't think Kane even travelled to Australia), and have been hammering the air miles as well.

It all makes a difference. We may have looked toothless at times, but we've had a solid pre-season with plenty of decent paced games to build up the fitness.

As I said before, ideally we get at least two (hopefully more) in before next week's game to build up the confidence of the fans as well. But it won't be for a lack of trying so why people feel the need to get so stress when it's out of their control baffles me, especially considering how long there is in the window and the fact that Koeman has stated publicly he is looking to get people in asap.

People are also negating the fact that Spurs have had the majority of their best players missing large chunks of pre-season due to the Euros (I don't think Kane even travelled to Australia), and have been hammering the air miles as well.

It all makes a difference. We may have looked toothless at times, but we've had a solid pre-season with plenty of decent paced games to build up the fitness.

As I said before, ideally we get at least two (hopefully more) in before next week's game to build up the confidence of the fans as well. But it won't be for a lack of trying so why people feel the need to get so stress when it's out of their control baffles me, especially considering how long there is in the window and the fact that Koeman has stated publicly he is looking to get people in asap.

ok, you've convinced me. 4-0 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back