Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they threw ridiculous amounts of money at players and clubs £24 Million at Lescott, can't even remember what ridiculous amount of money they threw at us for Rodwell, or the Arsenal players they bought.

I'm glad we're not doing this, I'd rather get good players who want to play for us rather than overpaid garbage that will inevitably be rather lacklustre squad fillers. They never get Arguero until they'd finished 3rd and won the FA cup. No comparison to us

£12m.

Their chairman must have had to count out the change.

Because they threw ridiculous amounts of money at players and clubs £24 Million at Lescott, can't even remember what ridiculous amount of money they threw at us for Rodwell, or the Arsenal players they bought.

I'm glad we're not doing this, I'd rather get good players who want to play for us rather than overpaid garbage that will inevitably be rather lacklustre squad fillers. They never get Arguero until they'd finished 3rd and won the FA cup. No comparison to us

Don't forget FFP has come in since they where splashing mad cash. You cant just lump up your wage bill any more.

And the only thing I've heard from their chairman president person says nobody is going anywhere. But he would say that I guess.

Aye rarely hear any chairman say, yup we are gonna sell anyone who earns us enough money so i can do a downpayment on the new yaucht do you :)

Can honestly say right now i have absolutely NO idea who we will get in but still feel very confident we will get 6-7 in and good quality ones at that.

Tevez, Adebayor, Vieira, Barry, Lescott - all off the back of a 10th place finish.

And so what if they threw ridiculous money at them - isn't that the point, that we're not, and thus this is basically an exotic Kenwright rather than a budget Mansour?

Again, we simply need to see proof of what Moshiri is about - and the evidence we have right now is that he's not about much whatsoever. I am amazed people aren't concerned about being a week away from a Premier League season, and the new owner has thus far shown less ambition than Kenwright in the transfer market when you factor in the new TV money.

Obviously there's a big, valid concern about Moshiri right now.

We will beat sprus mate, the pre season touring they are doing is absolutely insane, there travelling about 25% of the total distance travelled by all clubs this summer in the league during pre season.

add on top of a squad that looked dead on its feet and a fair few who looked goosed during the euros and they could start really poorly this year

Also no Dembele who is a key player for them particularly on Kane's form. Kane and Ali Euro hangover (Kane tends to start seasons a bit slower anyway). All the travelling, and Spurs being traditional slow starters makes me think we have a good chance in that one.

We will beat sprus mate, the pre season touring they are doing is absolutely insane, there travelling about 25% of the total distance travelled by all clubs this summer in the league during pre season.

add on top of a squad that looked dead on its feet and a fair few who looked goosed during the euros and they could start really poorly this year

hopefully mate!

we do look pretty toothless up top and the midfielders still need to get the ball forward quicker, IMO, but our team is definitely good enough to get results from the first few games.

Also no Dembele who is a key player for them particularly on Kane's form. Kane and Ali Euro hangover (Kane tends to start seasons a bit slower anyway). All the travelling, and Spurs being traditional slow starters makes me think we have a good chance in that one.

Don't underestimate the stick those england players will get this season either or the psychological battering mate, saw that ourselves with Jags and Baines who looked well off form after the last one due to that.

Not checked how Saints got on against them last year yet, but that could be revealing on how Koeman will look to set us up against them as well

hopefully mate!

we do look pretty toothless up top and the midfielders still need to get the ball forward quicker, IMO, but our team is definitely good enough to get results from the first few games.

We need most importantly a genuine quality centre mid before the season mate, someone who can link the team together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back