Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rather have Benteke than Bony. What's the right price Jurgen?

I wouldn't give them a penny. Sell Stones, take Boney as part of the deal and give WBA £20 million for Berahino.

A strike force of Rom, Bony and Berahino's will do us next season (turns of champ manager)

I wouldn't give them a penny. Sell Stones, take Boney as part of the deal and give WBA £20 million for Berahino.

A strike force of Rom, Bony and Berahino's will do us next season (turns of champ manager)
Someone will regardless though. If it comes from us at least we get a good player. At the right price, it makes sense. He's still a good player.

WBA have just had a big buy out from some Chinesse Group today, so I dunno if that might change things as far as them selling players.

I agree they've been past-it for at least two years tho' Osman did look tidy once or twice last season.

But they were squad mainstays for a very long time and simply need replacing...all well & good them getting old so someone of at least similar quality to how they were at their peak is what we should be aiming at. Maybe Gueye covers the Osman piece of the puzzle, and the new keeper is effectively replacing Joel's number two slot as Joel replaces Howard. But we're still two mans down. We need a big decent squad to maybe reach a cup final and challenge for top 6.

At this rate such modest aims will be beyond us. Our rivals have strengthened their squads, we've weakened.

On the back of all that Moshi's-100m-warchest hype it's a poor show. Now we're relying on kids who've barely had 90 minutes between them to replace retired squad players with over a thousand matches experience who consistently helped Everton get top 6.

You can see the problem.

If any of them can manage running around for 10 minutes without looking like it's taking up all their energy then they're much welcome replacements for the likes of Osman and Hibbert.

Ive had this argument already in this thread but the three they are replacing were unfortunately no longer above that standard of "Decent enough but not quite good enough for Everton"

It is true the young ones are an unknown quantity so there is a risk.

But with Pienaar, Howard, Hibbert and Osman we knew exactly what we were getting. And that wasn't very good at all these days. I can't see why they'd be missed at all. In fact I wish we'd got rid of more.

What a week that was. Could hardly keep up with it. So could someone let me know how many we actually signed in total this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back