Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I realised what was meant after posting it. City's initial dealing was Robinho. Might have been a flop, but it least it showed you can sign a player from Real Madrid if you want to.

You do know he thought he was signing for United initially?

aye, City had a smaller status than us when they hit jackpot...still managed to attract quality players because the will from the owners was there (and they had Mark Hughes as manager back then too). Same story with Chelsea.

I've come to the assumption that we have opted to getting Walsh in to find cheap players.

Bidding for the statement players that the board know won't want to come to us, hope i'm wrong but things are looking all too familiar.

Yes. I realised what was meant after posting it. City's initial dealing was Robinho. Might have been a flop, but it least it showed you can sign a player from Real Madrid if you want to.
They signed him on deadline day, in a deal where money was more of a big deal then that it is now, thus them throwing money at him worked

Toure, Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne are garbage?

Edit: realised what you meant now, but really Moshiri and the football club have had time. There are no excuses

I believe it's proving difficult for them to bring players in because of agents and the lack of European football. Take the Witsel deal as an example, we want him and have offered the big money but his agents want Juve, similar with Mata.

Once the first big one comes and we prove we can keep ahold of one of Lukaku or Stones then the rest will fall into place.

People aren't getting this at all are they?

No Kev, comparing two different entities.

That's why I said build the foundations, show the intent is there. We can't go round spending 20/25 million on Russian League Strikers who we will ultimately not make any money back nor have the interest of keeping around long-term, it would ruin us as we don't have the financial power like City.

It will come. Can't judge it off of one transfer window and say it's a complete mess.
No but if Stoke can sign 3-4 quality players, Everton can. As is evident from Stones, and lack of transfer dealings to date, nothing has changed. Move the players on who don't want to be at the club, and get in quality replacements. It is that simple and money talks....if you are willing to put it upfront.

Like a lovely bank holliday!

fixed.

That's why I said build the foundations, show the intent is there.

Yeah, and how's that working out?

We can't go round spending 20/25 million on Russian League Strikers who we will ultimately not make any money back nor have the interest of keeping around long-term

Who said anything about signing dodgy players from crap leagues? Niasse was before Mosh's time anyway.

No but if Stoke can sign 3-4 quality players, Everton can. As is evident from Stones, and lack of transfer dealings to date, nothing has changed. Move the players on who don't want to be at the club, and get in quality replacements. It is that simple and money talks....if you are willing to put it upfront.

Stoke have had their manager in place for a while, they will have discussed targets in March/April-ish as the season was drawing to a close just like every other club that had a manager in place.

Also, Stoke have only signed Joe Allen and an Egyptian winger? Not 3/4 quality signings.

Stoke have signed 4 quality players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back