Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would not be a bad deal provided Bony himself was enthusiastic about it and hungry to do well again.
I would prefer a striker with PL experience rather than taking a chance with a lesser known quantity.
Bony would make sense provided we ensure Lukaku is staying.

£35mill + Bony would see us come out with just short of £30mill after Barnsley's cut.

Considering we would be getting a proven PL goalscorer who is strong, pacy, can hold the ball up & play upfront on his own if need be, thats very good business imo.

Surely it depends on the small print. I'd have expected Barnsley to receive 15% £35m + 15% Bony valuation.

No way would you be able to buy Bony for £15m, a proven premiership, goalscoring striker for £15 m at today's crazy prices ?
Bony and 30m plus is a great deal IMO. In a world where Mane is worth over 30m and Townsend and McCormack are worth around 15m each Bony is worth at least 20m

I would agree with that, £15m for a proven premiership player, at his peak, especially at todays crazy prices. Anyone would be lucky to get him for £20m. Would not be adverse to that deal.

I know he's big and strong so able to hold the ball up well, but does Bony have pace? Genuinely cant remember as he never plays at city.

Reluctantly I would take that bony deal.

No point in getting 50 million and having to find a player to provide striking options. Least in this deal we get a proven striker and could add another 15 goals at minimum to the forward line. As stones Is clearly leaving then it's one player down, put the rest to Swansea for ashley Williams and then we have strengthened 2 positions in the team straight away.

Not that I believe the deal is real mind you

Bony and 35 million would leave us with enough money to buy 2 new Central Defenders- Williams and someone else (Martins Indi)
Then we would need a GK, CM, and an Attacking midfielder.
Personally would try and make a statement with the Attacking midfielder though as we know Barkley, Kev and Gerri can do it but need someone who's a winner. Isco and Draxler are CL players so either we pay wages well above what there worth or we look further afield.

The starting 11 could look like:

GK-Coleman-___-___-Baines
Gueye-___
Gerri-Barkley-___
Lukaku

I think lukaku will stay personally but ino them spots can be filled buy Mirrallas, Mori, Jags etc but the one thing we lack is quality squad depth. If we are to compete we cant have a bench with Kone and Gibson on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back