Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT I WANT TRANSFERS AND I WANT THEM NOWWWW WAAAAAAAAA WAAAAAA WAAAAAAA

giphy.gif

No way will Koeman accept our current midfield, nobody with even an inch of footballing knowledge would accept it.

Hence why Martinez didnt address it in his 3 years.

Its who he can go after though, Is the money there to bring in quality?

Have massive doubts about the new owner and his intentions

Its who he can go after though, Is the money there to bring in quality?

Have massive doubts about the new owner and his intentions

I am rather firmly of the opinion that the money is available and the intention to strengthen is there too.

The problem comes with convincing better quality players to sign for a club that sadly has endured two awful seasons and 11th place finishes.

The likes of Wisel, Mata, Carvalho and Koulibaly etc would need to be completely and utterly sold on the notion that the club is heading up the table, and not just by one or two places, but by at least five. The minimum target for next season with players of that ilk would hopefully be 6th... Without them we're probably looking for 8th at best and whilst that would be a nice improvement, it would see us in something of a similar position this time next summer.

One big name signing could be the breaching of the dam wall, but it probably needs to happen this week.

I said this in another thread, but the delay in the Manure/Pogba deal is tantamount to deliberate manipulation of other clubs transfer window dealings. Call me paranoid or a conspiracy theorist if you like, but there are a numbers of others transfers hanging on the outcome and timing of the Pogba move.

No way will Koeman accept our current midfield, nobody with even an inch of footballing knowledge would accept it.

Hence why Martinez didnt address it in his 3 years.

Dont be silly, he signed Besic who would have been great if he didnt keep getting injured.

Also barry for the short term and mccarthy who may be goosed after injuries...

I'm of the opinion that our squad doesn't desperately require any further reinforcements, pending no players going out.

I can't disagree more. We need a minimum of four quality players or we're in for a season of struggle. If it was possible we should have a massive clearout, and while that's clearly not achievable right now, we need a different mindset as well as new tactics, more leadership, pace and character in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back