Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams within 48 hours subject to Swansea acting sensibly.

With Stones likely to go to City by mid week, and City wanting a player/cash deal I'd think Hart was more likely than Bony.

If Hart is not part of deal then Begovic.

Witsel - down to him, if his team can accept deal that's on the table then we are in business. If not time to move on, however as I've said throughout the summer I expect him in an Everton shirt.

I'd say we are in prime position re Mata based on knowledge of previous discussions earlier this summer.

Still plenty of talk re Carvalho and Adrien should not be discounted.

As I've said earlier I expect another 7 in before close of window 3 or 4 this week the remainder before the window closes.

Still v confident.

Very happy if we could get Hart, him being sold by City would probably knock him down a peg or two and he'd have to go back to basics.

So want Mata though, more than anyone.

Williams within 48 hours subject to Swansea acting sensibly.

With Stones likely to go to City by mid week, and City wanting a player/cash deal I'd think Hart was more likely than Bony.

If Hart is not part of deal then Begovic.

Witsel - down to him, if his team can accept deal that's on the table then we are in business. If not time to move on, however as I've said throughout the summer I expect him in an Everton shirt.

I'd say we are in prime position re Mata based on knowledge of previous discussions earlier this summer.

Still plenty of talk re Carvalho and Adrien should not be discounted.

As I've said earlier I expect another 7 in before close of window 3 or 4 this week the remainder before the window closes.

Still v confident.

I believe!!!

I know I chose it. We've signed loads of good players from championship clubs. He was my favourite. I wouldn't deny where he came from though, which is what some seem to be trying to do.

Which clubs were they signed from? Which league do those clubs play in? The point is that we haven't signed anyone special yet.

I'm not saying they're bad players. Just that signing 2 players from championship clubs doesn't really demonstrate that we've moved forward dramatically.

People maybe, are more arguing against your rhetoric as opposed to actual fact of where the players are from?

With Mata having a touch line falling out with Mourinho today, and Haller reportedly turning down a big pay check in China due to it not being a good career move, could we potentially have movement soon with these 2 targets?

im strangely optimistic about gueye even though he was non-entity two weeks ago to me so hopefully some more pleasant and surprising developments materialize

My rhetoric? lol

I've just made the point that we haven't made any statement signings yet. I thought that was obvious.

Depends on whether you think signing players from 'aldi or the like' like Gueye (who looked decent yesterday) via a contractual clause, is wrong?If what you really want is big names right here and now, then wait for the deals that will fall into place over the next week or so, before desperation kicks in.
If it still hasn't happened then feel free to fume.

Depends on whether you think signing players from 'aldi or the like' like Gueye (who looked decent yesterday) via a contractual clause, is wrong?If what you really want is big names right here and now, then wait for the deals that will fall into place over the next week or so, before desperation kicks in.
If it still hasn't happened then feel free to fume.
I don't think it's wrong. I don't feel desperate. I haven't been fuming. So many assumptions!

Maybe to avoid confusion in future you should read what i write without trying to read between the lines.

my thoughts on how we can spend our money if we do have a war chest. All prices are quoted by clubs or the media and in £.

GK:
Stekelenberg - 1M
Timo Horn - 7M (release clause)

DEF:
Williams - 12.5M
Tete(backup RB) - under 15M

MID:
Gana - 7M
Witsel - 22M
Mata - 28M

FWD:
Bony or Haller - approx 15M

This puts us to approximately £107M. If we sell Stones for £50M, and McCarthy for around £18M(or cleverley just from Koemans body language he didn't seem happy with McCarthy), we still have around £60M to put towards a quality CB to replace stones(Williams I don't believe is to replace him but instead to add leadership), looking for someone in there mid to early 20s. We can also look to sign a pacey forward with the leftover from purchasing a CB, think someone like Shane Long who can press, but perhaps can also play on the left to add an option there. Depending on how much we spend on these, hopefully enough left to inject some physically in to the midfield, I'd love Carvalho. If we could offload Kone(£6Mish) and Niasse, maybe even cleverley, we'd certainly have enough to reach the quoted prices. This method would leave us id imagine with a net spend of roughly 80-90M, around our quoted budget. I tried to stick to realistic and quoted targets, as well as trying to address all needs. Simple right? Give me Steves job

WitselAxel
WitselAxe
WitselAx
WitselA
Witsel
Witse
Wits
Wit
Wi
Wil
Will
Willi
Willia
William
WilliamC
WilliamCa
WilliamCar
WilliamCarv
WilliamCarva
WilliamCarval
WilliamCarvalh
WilliamCarvalho
WilliamCarvalh
WilliamCarval
WilliamCarva
WilliamCarv
WilliamCar
WilliamCa
WilliamC
William
Williams
WilliamsA
WilliamsAs
WilliamsAsh
WilliamsAshl
WilliamsAshle
WilliamsAshley

I don't think it's wrong. I don't feel desperate. I haven't been fuming. So many assumptions!

Maybe to avoid confusion in future you should read what i write without trying to read between the lines.

Not making assumptions, it's clear from the 'signing championship players' and 'no statement signings' type quotes, that you are sort of semi-smouldering at best. Going to leave this here because we are literally, just posting back as we don't agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back