Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are getting confused about the difference on FFP and STCC a lot here, there is no chance on earth we will fall foul on FFP - over the next 3 years we could have a net spend of something silly like 250m and still comply with it - the massive money flooding into the prem almost assures no club will get mucked up by it these days.

The limiting factor is nothing to do with European rules it's all about the premierships own rules to avoid the TV money being entirely pumped into a teams wages and (in theory) to stop clubs going bust if the bubble bursts etc. Which means that on the current wages paid (if over 67m per annum) a team is only alowed to increase by 7m per season on that total, unless it increases revenue from either it's own increased commercial deals (not including TV money etc) or by showing a profit on player trading on any player sold (doesn't factor in p[layers your buying) but just factors in what you bought the player your selling for, what he is sold for and how much of his initial fee has amortized down to - which it does over the length of their contracts - so McCarthy is valued at 6-7m atm, Niasse at about 12.5m - Cleverley at nothing, Mirallas as about 1m etc etc etc
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Nothing to stop Moshiri tying up commercial deals with his own group outside EFC and boosting the club's commercial income that way to provide wriggle room on wages. City did it a couple of seasons back and I'm sure it's a tactic adopted elsewhere. Also, IIRC, Everton's wages as a % of turnover is dramatically increased by outsourcing services. Again, that's something that could be looked at if squad investment were a priority.

Has to be said...

5 days until the 1st game of the season and it's been an awful pre-season.

How have we got to this point and only brought in 1 player. Once again we've [Poor language removed] right up. It's an absolute mess. Bollox to stay calm it'll be alright, history has proven it's never alright when it comes down to Everton......

Big week ahead. I fear it'll pass without a whimper....

I think we're all within our rights to say that it hasn't gone well, regardless of the increased levels of ambition etc.

What really matters is what happens before the deadline and we more or less all agreed that our squad last season was capable of an awful lot more than it produced, so you'd like to think we could improve even without new players, but yes, even with a new manager, a new DoF and a couple of low profile signings, it's hard to argue that this pre-season has been anything more than disappointing so far.

I'm more than willing to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but it's really annoying!

Has it been awful?

New manager, new coaching team, a DoF, positive moves on the stadium front, redeveloping Goodison.

A 'feel good' factor in the squad. And we've actually signed 2 players...

You're a melt if you're writing the season off already. For one, it hasn't even started and secondly, the window doesn't shut for nearly a month.

It has been awful, can't deny it. Our HIGHLIGHT is Gueye who know one even cared about until last week.

We have played badly and look like we did last season. Can it be changed in 4 days.......nope.

d2312e22495335.563139739b5a2.gif

I believe that Martins-Indi may be an alternative to Koulibaly should Stones be sold. Think Williams (or, a likewise experienced centre half) was always a target irrelevant of outgoings.

Ah, I guess that makes a little more sense - so we'd have 4 senior centre backs at the club? Interesting.

The Koulibaly thing seems to have gone completely quiet

It has been awful, can't deny it. Our HIGHLIGHT is Gueye who know one even cared about until last week.

We have played badly and look like we did last season. Can it be changed in 4 days.......nope.

It has been frustrating in regards to signings yes, but did anybody seriously suspect an instant re-furb?

We look fitter and more defensively steady (and that's just after pre-season). We haven't clicked yet going forward and that is a worry but it will come - part of that is signings to add a bit of a boost to the side and we're going for quality players to improve us in those areas.

I'd rather us do that than have signed 4 x Gueye's mate - who incidentally looks like he'll be half decent for us.

Ah, I guess that makes a little more sense - so we'd have 4 senior centre backs at the club? Interesting.

The Koulibaly thing seems to have gone completely quiet

It's just my opinion mate but I can't see Martins-Indi being an alternative to somebody like Williams.

Williams brings proven quality, experience, leadership, organisation etc.

Indi is still a young player, who has a lot of potential but is far from the finished article, but like Koulibaly is a big powerful lad with a bit of pace about him.

All prem clubs have the TV money this year, we should have at least 30-40 mil before we start.

There is no way Moshiri would have come in, all guns blazing only to be slapped down by ffp - he would have known this already.

Would think so with osman/pienaar/hibbert already off the books and as you said the TV Money, but i am really struggling to find reasoning as to why nothings happened

It has been frustrating in regards to signings yes, but did anybody seriously suspect an instant re-furb?

We look fitter and more defensively steady (and that's just after pre-season). We haven't clicked yet going forward and that is a worry but it will come - part of that is signings to add a bit of a boost to the side and we're going for quality players to improve us in those areas.

I'd rather us do that than have signed 4 x Gueye's mate - who incidentally looks like he'll be half decent for us.
So it has been a successful preseason? 1 oplayer and crap results but look fit?

I still believe we will beat Spurs though, somehow. Going for a scrappy one nil, Kone from the bench. :drunk:

that's the spirit ;)

will no doubt be a really tough game, and a few signings this week would be a real boost, but it's out of our control and for now I'm just looking forward to the game.

Whatever happens, and no matter how frustrating the lack of signings is, I refuse to judge the window or write anything off until Sept 1st...

So it has been a successful preseason? 1 oplayer and crap results but look fit?

it's 2 players...

the results haven't really been crap? nobody cares? the performances have shown improvements in areas we needed to improve in, as the team switches to a new style.

a lot of areas that still need improvement, certainly, but it'll come. Koeman's having to build on a foundation of a side that had completely given up on its last manager, unlike Martinez who came into a team with very solid foundations

and yes, pre-season is pretty much all about fitness. so I'd say looking fit is a very big positive!!!

that's the spirit ;)

will no doubt be a really tough game, and a few signings this week would be a real boost, but it's out of our control and for now I'm just looking forward to the game.

Whatever happens, and no matter how frustrating the lack of signings is, I refuse to judge the window or write anything off until Sept 1st...
See, all Evertonians getting along after all. It's lovely, isn't it? ;)

Spurs are no doubt a really strong team, and their squad is miles stronger than ours, but I just have a good feeling that, despite our pretty shoddy summer, things will all come together on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back