Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i do agree to a point, all of our number 1 targets (presumably) are still at their clubs, not committed or moved elsewhere. I do kinda feel that we are probably holding out to detriment to the squad moving forward.

Say for example we still don't know where we are a day from deadline day, and we start panicking and moving down the list of targets fast, clubs will hold us over a barrel and we know we will have wasted time waiting for players.

We should, as a club put a limit on the time we are willing to wait and then move down our list, otherwise i do fear we will be in a position on deadline day scurrying around trying to put players into the squad.

We should hold out for who we want, but we shouldn't be held to ransom and wait longer then we have to, if they aren't coming close the book and move on.

First point Chaz, we probably are holding out but would it not be equally as detrimental to the squad if we immediately bottled holding out for said targets and went with the easiest available alternative? Like just a signing for signing's sake?

I don't think we'll hold on until deadline day. I think we'll have targets lined up and there'll be a point where we move on - though that's not to say we wouldn't go back for our no.1 target should the opportunity arise.

I'm sure we've put a limit on it but we as fans aren't going to know that for sure and nor should we. That limit may have been reached - it may not have.

The goalkeeper situation dosent exactly fill me with confidence. I dont particulary rate Hart or Begovic.
Any other goalkeepers on our radar at all?

Hart has a howler in him but fgs he's much better than anything we've had in the last 10 years.

Not sure we'll sign him in the slightest like, and I'm not as confident as Esk on incomings - other than Williams - that situation is, as far as I know, exactly how the deal has been (or potentially still is) playing out.

Call me mad but I'm going to have a stab in the dark here and say I think nothing will happen today

I agree on this.

Think it'll be tomorrow at the earliest we see any activity. I also don't think Stones will go this week...

(but that's just opinion)

Not sure we'll sign him in the slightest like, and I'm not as confident as Esk on incomings
Not to be disrespectful to individual people, but I've personally given up listening to all the supposed sources as nothing has really materialised.

They may happen in the future, and I sincerely hope they do, however I think people are becoming too entwined in the expectations of the story.

We've been almost promised lots of marquee names yet as of now none have materialised. Maybe people should take a step back...

First point Chaz, we probably are holding out but would it not be equally as detrimental to the squad if we immediately bottled holding out for said targets and went with the easiest available alternative? Like just a signing for signing's sake?

I don't think we'll hold on until deadline day. I think we'll have targets lined up and there'll be a point where we move on - though that's not to say we wouldn't go back for our no.1 target should the opportunity arise.

I'm sure we've put a limit on it but we as fans aren't going to know that for sure and nor should we. That limit may have been reached - it may not have.

Agree, signing for signing sake isn't the way to go. look up Niasse in the dictionary for that one hahahaha.

However, it is painfully obvious to everyone that we need reinforcements in the right areas, lets be honest, we haven't heard a massive amount of players linked and i think that with everything being closed doors now we are likely to hear less and less. I would however like us to be seen to saying to these players "all our eggs aren't in your basket, if your going to arse around then we will close the book on X date".

The witsel thing is the clearest situation we could look at for this. Obviously a player who would improve us, obviously a player we want, but for a multitude of reasons he is weighing his options - its been probably 4 weeks maybe since we first heard about this and an offer has been on the table. While i think we should give him every opportunity to complete the deal, due to the closed door situation at the club we dont know if they are working down a list.

Of even if there is a list. You'd hope there would be. As a club we need players to push us on, and the other players here - I just dont want us to be in a situation on deadline day where we are making calls and getting turned down, or worse, Niasse mk2 (not that i think that would happen under the current set up, but still you get the point.)/

Not a normal positive post hahahaha, but think we are all starting to get dragged down with the lack of movement in this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back