Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had a real shitty start to the morning so thought I'd log on after yesterday evenings slight up turn in mood on here god I wish I'd ever bothered.

Oh Everton why why why you play with my emotions, sometimes up mainly down but always always there is that tiny glimmer of hope I cling on to.

Come on Everton......

100% correct on the outsourcing of services having a big negative impact on our ability to generate additonal commercial income and thuis raising wages mate - hopefully they are all brought back in house as contracts expire or buyout options are available (assuming we have inserted those)
The additional 'sponsorship' that teams like Cities owners do - dunno if Moshiri has the capability to do that - wealthy he is but a different stratosphere to the shiekhs wealth in all honesty, can see maybe a short term sponsorship being arranged for the spruced up Goodison though.

The crux of the matter for me comes down to 'how much' he wants to increase the wages by and how much he manages to do it by (two very different questions and answers)

Just going off what a few have said with more knowledge than me in what ambitions are, then he wants to raise it by 45-50m or so, the onyl way this would be achievable is by selling Stones frankly, been over the math and even selling fringe players - unwanted ones etc like Cleverley, McCarthy, Lennon etc and arranging a few new commercial deals which are 'realistic' would still leave us way short of that figure (roughly half way or so)

But if we don't meet that ambition and instead sell Stones and then subsequently with our transfer dealings only raise the limit by a significantly lower amount (say 15-20m) then we have sold a prize asset when we could have hit that goal through other means which would not have impacted the team in the slightest - or the way we are percieved in the media (which selling stones will certainly do).

If the latter is what happens then we have a right to question the sale, we also have to wonder about the strategy in place at the top - because we will have used are get out of jail free card to allow us to raise the wages to the amount we are trying to - then only decided to have used half the alloted amount - which would be completely contradictory to what the supposed long term aim is, and would in effect mean we are 25-35m down on what the goal was - a figure that in subsequent years to reach we would have to icnrease commercial deals by that amount extra over what the plan has alreadyb calculated to hit the same level of 'bridging the gap' to spurs the rs etc, and that to me looks an impossible figure to magic out of thin air and would give a reason why we had to sell another big name player for the 'betterment of the club' in an additional year or two - which woudl set alarm bells ringing
Mate, I dont disagree with your conclusion about the likely wage increases initially being generated by high market value player sales. But any old divvy could do that, you dont need a billionaire to do it, it's just a simple cashing in and recycling job. Moshiri was supposed to end all that, and some old guff that we're told about steadily building up the commercial arm of the club to avoid that in the future is just a rehashing of the old ideology.

Moshiri might have finite resources, but is it unreasonable to have some expectation that an accountant who can take care of the finances of one of the richest men in the world men - reinvesting his cash and making him even richer - could find a way to get money into the club to avoid the usual strategy of selling the family silver? If not, I wonder what the beauty of having him here is, to be honest.

Last edited:
If you're relying on Everton for emotional stability, you're going to have a bad time.
south-park-s06e03c05-more-like-stan-darsh-16x9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back