Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this were the case you would be talking in terms of the total sale, not the posted gain. Best of my knowledge its only the gain, so I can't see the outlay on the purchase being relevant. If you have something that says different, then I genuinely would like to have a read of it.

Applying the rules and regulations to come to a fiscal position IS accounting. If there are additional rules to take into account, then these become the "accountancy rules". Regulatory/compliance just means you can show you have followed the rules.

Anyway @hibbo'sclass or @The Esk are actually the guys you want for this.

The treatment of player values is relatively simple in accounting terms.

A player is an asset that depreciates in value in a straight line over the course of his contract. So a player bought at £3 million with a 3 year contract sees his book value decrease by £1 million per year. The depreciation of £1 million each year affects the profit and loss account and the balance sheet but for the purposes of short term cost controls we don't need to worry about that.

If the player is sold at the end of his second year for £10 million, the club creates a profit of £10 million minus the current book value. In this case it would be £10 million minus £1 million, creating a profit of £9 million in the P&L account at the end of the financial year.

For the purposes of STCC that £9 million profit is added to non-broadcasting revenues. The relevance of this is the wage increase cap of £7 million plus any increase in non-broadcasting revenues.

In terms of the second regulation ( profitability and sustainability) depreciation can be a factor if the squad is expensively assembled - for example a squad with an acquisition cost of £200 million and an average contract length of 4 years will see £50 million a year deducted from the P&L account in depreciation. That plus the wages may put a club in potential breach of the accumulated loss limit of £105 million over any three year period. This is not an issue for Everton and is unlikely to be so in the future.

sorry lads but I'd piss myself laughing if we actually got £30m for Yala. Wait until you see how inconsistent he is all season outside the odd game here and there where he turns into a world beater

He's turd mate, an absolute big game player. Said it all along, half the time he has no idea he's doing and if he didn't have pace would he be a footballer?? Probably not

We are struggling because we won't pay the going rate but we want 50 for stones and 75 for lukaku and then offer 18 for bolasie and 10 million for Williams

Lol
When you put it like this... Lol.
30m rejected for Deeney as well (nothing to do with us mind), but seriously, what's the point?!?!

Spot on, except if I were you I'd be laughing my head off if you got £20m for him.

£20m+£5m add ons and I'd accept. I think he's peaked honestly and he wouldn't cope well at a club with higher expectations and less tolerance of his flaws. His first three seasons were mostly great but he was poor last season (tbf his old man died at the start) and didn't look arsed apart from the cup games. Maybe Koeman will be the making of him but who knows.

ps: his shooting is awful, anyone behind the goals should look lively every time he cuts in from the left

Last response in this thread as its off topic. Exchanging an asset for cash is revenue altering from an STTC perspective as its a non-broadcast related review.

We're not going to agree as you're coming at it from a corporate/accounting perspective and I'm from a sports administration legal perspective.

We aren't going to agree as we use different definitions.

Hahahaha

Because he's had you rar off

£20m+£5m add ons and I'd accept. I think he's peaked honestly and he wouldn't cope well at a club with higher expectations and less tolerance of his flaws. His first three seasons were mostly great but he was poor last season (tbf his old man died at the start) and didn't look arsed apart from the cup games. Maybe Koeman will be the making of him but who knows.

ps: his shooting is awful, anyone behind the goals should look lively every time he cuts in from the left

I honestly don't think he can do anything beyond have a world-beating game against us, West Ham or Liverpool every blue moon.

Awful shot, hardly ever crosses, trips over himself when trying to beat a man... No idea why we're going for him.

I mean even Palace want rid - you've already bought his replacement. What is he at you now, third choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back