Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The treatment of player values is relatively simple in accounting terms.

A player is an asset that depreciates in value in a straight line over the course of his contract. So a player bought at £3 million with a 3 year contract sees his book value decrease by £1 million per year. The depreciation of £1 million each year affects the profit and loss account and the balance sheet but for the purposes of short term cost controls we don't need to worry about that.

If the player is sold at the end of his second year for £10 million, the club creates a profit of £10 million minus the current book value. In this case it would be £10 million minus £1 million, creating a profit of £9 million in the P&L account at the end of the financial year.

For the purposes of STCC that £9 million profit is added to non-broadcasting revenues. The relevance of this is the wage increase cap of £7 million plus any increase in non-broadcasting revenues.

In terms of the second regulation ( profitability and sustainability) depreciation can be a factor if the squad is expensively assembled - for example a squad with an acquisition cost of £200 million and an average contract length of 4 years will see £50 million a year deducted from the P&L account in depreciation. That plus the wages may put a club in potential breach of the accumulated loss limit of £105 million over any three year period. This is not an issue for Everton and is unlikely to be so in the future.

Fourth paragraph is the key STTC issue relating to regulatory compliance.

£20m+£5m add ons and I'd accept. I think he's peaked honestly and he wouldn't cope well at a club with higher expectations and less tolerance of his flaws. His first three seasons were mostly great but he was poor last season (tbf his old man died at the start) and didn't look arsed apart from the cup games. Maybe Koeman will be the making of him but who knows.

ps: his shooting is awful, anyone behind the goals should look lively every time he cuts in from the left

Uh oh

maybe its the opposite message of the moneyball movie and his stats don't seem that captivating but hes seems like a nice guy so i think we should sign him

£20m+£5m add ons and I'd accept. I think he's peaked honestly and he wouldn't cope well at a club with higher expectations and less tolerance of his flaws. His first three seasons were mostly great but he was poor last season (tbf his old man died at the start) and didn't look arsed apart from the cup games. Maybe Koeman will be the making of him but who knows.

ps: his shooting is awful, anyone behind the goals should look lively every time he cuts in from the left

I'm guessing that if yous do sell...is because Andros Townsend will easily fill in for him?

Somebody just post a photo of a dead rotting donkey and have done with it
b8026-donkey-1.jpg

Watched every 90 minutes? No. Watched enough to be confident that I know exactly what this player is about? Yes.

See the Palace fan above for details. One trick pony who can't even do that trick consistently enough.

I'd rather have Mirallas. Yes, I'd rather have Mirallas. He was one of those players I was crossing my fingers for Liverpool to go for.

So you watched the two games against Everton in which he is said to have performed well. What other games did you watch him in?

i thought he was decent until people started to throw out facts and convincing details so in reality im flummoxed on this one when i watched him in games i dug his style but ehhh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back