Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really amazes me is that people will believe in some almighty being who created heaven and earth and all that - without a single shred of proof of his/her/it's existence. On the other hand, we have Evertonians - who are questioning Moshiri's motives and ambition - mere months into a takeover and radical overhaul of the boardroom and management structure - all this despite binning Martinez and his shower of clowns, bringing in Koeman and his coaching team, bringing in Walsh as DoF, in discussions with Peel over the dock site. Yep, he's done nothing, he's a fraud etc etc etc....... :coffee:
Funny you should bring up religion because I feel somewhat simular. I don't believe in God, because there is no evidence for it. I don't believe Moshiri is going to be a game-changer in the transfer market, because there's no evidence for it.

It seems to me it's the overly optimistic people, those who believe everything has changed, who are displaying the blind-faith. Despite all the evidence before our eyes - no significant incoming all summer, prized assets being sold in somewhat clandestine circumstances - these people still show faith in a narrative that there is no evidence for and has lots contradicting it.

Koeman - a man well-versed in rebuilding sides with little or no net spend
Walsh - a man comfortable with dealing at the bottom end of the market who has been massively promoted into this new role
Docks - all we've seen and heard is the ramblings of Wobbly Joe, a man who just so happens to be standing (probably aided) for re-election on a regeneration ticket

"Koeman - a man well-versed in rebuilding sides with little or no net spend" - also a well respected manager who has won the lot as a player and has won honours as a manager. A winner.

What were you expecting? Guardiola? Mourinho? Yes it was nice to dream, but lets face reality for a moment. We've finished stone cold midtable for the past couple of seasons under an inept manager. Our stock has fallen - badly.

"Walsh - a man comfortable with dealing at the bottom end of the market who has been massively promoted into this new role" - well respected in the game. As part of the management team at Leicester, won the Premier League. A winner.

"Docks - all we've seen and heard is the ramblings of Wobbly Joe, a man who just so happens to be standing (probably aided) for re-election on a regeneration ticket" - if you read what he has said, there has been discussions involving Moshiri. What do you expect Moshiri to do? Openly disclose what they are discussing and what has been discussed? Business doesn't work like that.

The frustration boils down to timings and the sequence of how things are unfolding. This is supposedly the most exciting transfer window in our modern history, with the budget to match. We can't say it isn't until all of the cards have been played.

Stones going before we get his replacement in (though I expect any delays with the official announcement from MCFC are in part to enable us to sort that). Nice work UEFA.

Supposedly "lesser" signings before we announce any marquee / "statement of intent" signings, and the feeling that we'll only see those on the last week/day, if at all.

Have to wait until September 1st to make an assessment, between now and we'll see to what degree how far apart fantasy and reality have been.

Everton really need to have pulled some trees up in the next three weeks though. It's an understatement now to say that they are coming at things from a standing start.

The frustration boils down to timings and the sequence of how things are unfolding. This is supposedly the most exciting transfer window in our modern history, with the budget to match. We can't say it isn't until all of the cards have been played.

Stones going before we get his replacement in (though I expect any delays with the official announcement from MCFC are in part to enable us to sort that). Nice work UEFA.

Supposedly "lesser" signings before we announce any marquee / "statement of intent" signings, and the feeling that we'll only see those on the last week/day, if at all.

Have to wait until September 1st to make an assessment, between now and we'll see to what degree how far apart fantasy and reality have been.

Everton really need to have pulled some trees up in the next three weeks though. It's an understatement now to say that they are coming at things from a standing start.

Thank you thank you thank you, let's hope they pull up enough trees to destroy the ozone layer.

One thing is for sure, if Stones does go today, and we aren't making some serious signings in the coming days then its going to be an interesting week and game at the weekend.

I would imagine the stones deal now is set up a little differently than before. If the valuation is 50 for arguments sake I think we have circumnavigated the sell on fee.

We buy bony for 20 million then sell stones for 50. Rather than us hand money over city just hand over less money and a player they don't want. Means we are paying less to Barnsley and city pay less to us so to speak.
I don't know why people are so paranoid about the sell on fee.
We have done brilliant business with Barnsley.We have signed Stones for less than three million and three years later sell him for fifty odd.
We have signed Holgate for even less and he looks to be as good a prospect as Stones.
Why would we want to cheat Barnsley out of a couple of million they are well entitled to.

I would be very disappointed if we tried anything like that, and we certainly would not be picking up and new talent from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back