Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
L. Kone, average squad player, I guess we need it (but anything more than 7-10 million and we are being conned).

Williams a good buy but I'll be sad if he is still a first choice starter CB for us at beginning of next season.

Sorry. Average squad player.

You talk like we have a great squad. Our squad needs beefing up and Kone is more reliable and a better defender than either Jags or Funes Mori.

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option. (Witsel still an open situation)

7 before the window closes.
BMI?

Bolasie is decent, and 15m would be ok. He's better than Jordan Ibe... if that's what we can use to make ourselves feel better about any transfer around that fee.

Williams, very good, would be delighted with him on a three year deal.

Indi, no thanks. Would be great to see somebody come in who hasn't been linked and is a proven quality defender. Does this mean Mori might be leaving in the near future, seeing as Koeman is trying to sign loads of CBs? Kone would be decent I suppose.

We need at least 2 central midfielders... Witsel and Mata is the dream, but we all know we'll sign neither.

Baffled as to why we haven't signed a quality keeper.

Williams certainly. Kone is v likely also. Bolasie is a genuine target and they hope to complete this week.

Ongoing with Mata, whilst discussions continue over goalkeeper, and forward plus one more midfield option. (Witsel still an open situation)

7 before the window closes.
We've gone from targetting players with vast international and european experience playing in top level, regular champions league playing teams to players from Swansea, Crystal Palace and Sunderland. Ponder that for a moment. According to many on here our new owners and their team were long time football men who understood how this game works and our squad would be revolutionised and yet we are now aiming, in a best case scenario, for a squad packed with mid-table to bottom of the table journeymen (it was not so long ago when Bolasie and Williams would have been playing each other in the lower leagues. This is a sad indictment of where we are as a football club and of the skills of our off field employees. Hugely disappointed in what has gone on this summer.

The club have taken us for a ride. Bolasie and Kone lol

They've conned us. Have no intention of top signings. Just see the ££££££££s

well, if we spent £18m on Kone, £12m on Williams, £20m on Bolasie, then that already accounts for all of the Stones money and more (which will be around £40m when Barnsley get their slice).

Add in Gueye and you've already got £17m net spend.

I'm not saying I'd be thoroughly delighted with all of those players, btw. Just saying that it can't possibly be the club seeing the £££££ can it?

Im disappointed that we couldn't have agreed some of the signings and got them in before Stones leaving was announced. We have made things harder for ourselves and put the already extortionate player prices up even higher for ourselves. When City made that error announcing that Stones was in the squad we should have bled them dry in the knowledge that it was gfoing to push the prices up that we are now going to have to pay. Im still not panicking and still think we will get some good players in that will improve the squad further but I think this is the first mistake that Moshiri has made in not getting at least some of our business done before Stones left and think it was entirely avoidable. Williams should have been in before last weekend and training with us. I hope that we go for Martins-Indi over Kone as I dont want to give Sunderland any money to do anything with. Bolasie, we already have better more consistent wingers.

I know people think his attitude stinks and his teeth make him look like the headless horseman from Sleepy Hollow but I would have had Nasri (if we are not getting any traction with Mata) Bony and Ihenacho (spel?). We desperately need a top keeper and should pay what needs to be paid to get Butland or someone of similar quality rather than messing around with smaller upgrades like Begovic.

I can see improvements in the background with Everton and can see that we are moving forwards in terms of our structure but we the fans need to see improvement on the pitch more than anything else.

We've gone from targetting players with vast international and european experience playing in top level, regular champions league playing teams to players from Swansea, Crystal Palace and Sunderland. Ponder that for a moment. According to many on here our new owners and their team were long time football men who understood how this game works and our squad would be revolutionised and yet we are now aiming, in a best case scenario, for a squad packed with mid-table to bottom of the table journeymen (it was not so long ago when Bolasie and Williams would have been playing each other in the lower leagues. This is a sad indictment of where we are as a football club and of the skills of our off field employees. Hugely disappointed in what has gone on this summer.

Gone from?

Never deviated from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back