Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with Carvalho and Koulibaly?

I just think neither wanted to come here mate so we have moved on. it happens. With Koulibaly it may have also been a case that we didn't want to spend the majority of the Stones money on just one replacement?

We may go back in but I think it'll be doubtful. Suppose it's a case of wait and see

We've gone from targetting players with vast international and european experience playing in top level, regular champions league playing teams to players from Swansea, Crystal Palace and Sunderland. Ponder that for a moment. According to many on here our new owners and their team were long time football men who understood how this game works and our squad would be revolutionised and yet we are now aiming, in a best case scenario, for a squad packed with mid-table to bottom of the table journeymen (it was not so long ago when Bolasie and Williams would have been playing each other in the lower leagues. This is a sad indictment of where we are as a football club and of the skills of our off field employees. Hugely disappointed in what has gone on this summer.

Your right to an extent; it is an indictment of where the club is. But the club, with Moshiri, has to start somewhere. We cant physically lock players in a room to sign if they dont want too.

This could be years of gross mismanagement at board room level coming home to roost; its Moshiri et al who will clean it up
Give them a break.

We've gone from targetting players with vast international and european experience playing in top level, regular champions league playing teams to players from Swansea, Crystal Palace and Sunderland. Ponder that for a moment. According to many on here our new owners and their team were long time football men who understood how this game works and our squad would be revolutionised and yet we are now aiming, in a best case scenario, for a squad packed with mid-table to bottom of the table journeymen (it was not so long ago when Bolasie and Williams would have been playing each other in the lower leagues. This is a sad indictment of where we are as a football club and of the skills of our off field employees. Hugely disappointed in what has gone on this summer.

Agree with this. it does now look like we cannot attract top players to come and play with a mid table team in northwest England, even though we have the money. I was hoping otherwise, and still time to be wrong though...

well, if we spent £18m on Kone, £12m on Williams, £20m on Bolasie, then that already accounts for all of the Stones money and more (which will be around £40m when Barnsley get their slice).

Add in Gueye and you've already got £17m net spend.

I'm not saying I'd be thoroughly delighted with all of those players, btw. Just saying that it can't possibly be the club seeing the £££££ can it?
There is a big giant bag of TV money that came in as well, don't forget. Zero evidence of cash being spent that wasn't the clubs anyway.

Perhaps we have tried to sign these players but they wish to join a club that are playing in Europe? Perhaps it is because our cash investment has coincided with a ridiculous hike in player values? £18 million for a bog standard midfielder? Perhaps we have realised that it will take time to get to where we want to be and we don't want to spend mental money on average players? Witsel is £20 million tops - don't get the hype.

Fed up with the 'I want everything NOW' generation. Grow up.

Surely we can't start the campaign with Joel and Stickle as our choice for goalkeeper?!

think we will be.

whether we end the window with them remains to be seen.

Worth noting though, Lloris only signed for Spurs on deadline day. Pretty sure they had an ancient Friedel and a dodgy Gomes as their options at the time.

In the ranks of PL centre halves where would you rank him then? Top 5, top 10? Me neither.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...eague-201516/ashley-williams-of-swansea-city/
Number 11...

The best defender England never had, Williams has yet again been Swansea's most important player. Williams made 99 interceptions this season and only 68 tackles, stats which prove his reading of the game is a cut above several mega-money stars. By comparison, Man City's Nicolas Otamendi has made 104 interceptions and 90 tackles, suggesting he's just running all over the place trying to stop things happening. That's fine for a midfielder, not a centre-back and Williams' assured style in defence is one of the reasons Swansea recovered from the brink of a relegation fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back