Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh shut up you utter bore. Obsessed internet stalking or what.
I was asking him a question. To which he replied.

You're the one who feels the need to constantly monitor and respond to my posts. That would be closer to stalking than your misunderstanding of the word.

Imbecile.

Oh mate don't lol there so many bloody unanswered questions it's drive me mad lol

It's simple for me mate, we aimed to bring in certain name targets and a very high profile DoF to conduct these negotiations.

We failed to get the DoF we wanted, and hired a guy with no experience in the role but who does have a stellar record as a scout and notably for picking up bargains or finding players who have gone udner the radar

We are selling Stones to aloow 'the gretaer good' of being able to raise our wage structure at the cluib massively, only now we are apparently going for players in the pool of what we normally would fish in - with presumably wages to match their level, which means we didn't actually need to sell Stones to facilitate this huige wage increase - because we won't be increasing the wage structure by 1m per week this season - or close to that figure

We are also offering Lukaku a new contract worth circa 135k pw (according to the best reports on that), which then effectively tells us exaclty what our top ceiling really is on these mega deals we have been offering players - as common sense tells you Lukaku will be that ceiling wage or else Riaola would not be sitting down with us.

So how are we realistically bidding on Mata for example - who is on roughly 175k pw at United under his current contract - we expect him to take a 40k pw reduction in wages?
How where we bidding against Chelsea for Koulibaly and realistically expecting to get him when Chelsea have just shown with giving Kante 150k pw for a player that would cost less than Koulibaly would the types of wages they will offer for players of that calibre?

Is the reason Witsel not signed up to us - because he is looking at the dip in his sponsorship from coming to a lower profile team than the Italian nutjobs/Chelsea and figuring that us offering him 5-10k per week isn't making the difference up?

....I've heard this as well this morn, that it's pretty well 'dusted'.

If so then ace, hopefully we're surprised with some more quiet ones.

We'll see eh....

I wouldn't know anything mate anyway, just a little joke.

Never heard of him so not gonna judge either way!

Only thing I do know is it seems the info I had was right re. Williams, which is nice :)

i'm starting to think people just want 'names' instead of players who are very solid and more importantly the manager knows he can make a successful team with.

Just show some trust in the manager, show some trust in the recruitment. They do know what they are doing.
I don't think anyone believes that Koeman is to blame for all of this. It's the ownership, particularly the ones that spun all the garbage about money being available. It is patently obvious that the much vaunted millions available for new players is a myth and we have had to sell Stones to buy a couple of makeweights to bolster numbers coming up to the start of the season

i'm starting to think people just want 'names' instead of players who are very solid and more importantly the manager knows he can make a successful team with.

Williams is extremely solid, one of the best CB's in the league, yes he is older but not ancient, him at the back and helping out the younger players like holgate etc coming through will be fantastic. And with him in defense we will concede less goals, fact.

Most of the times successful teams are built on solid foundations with exciting flair to come along with it, we already have some very exciting attacking talent, mirallas, deulofeu, lukaku. And even Bolaise, although inconsistent can be a match winner. We are right now doing a hard job of getting us out of the reverse gear martinez had us in, and getting back into European places, and THEN we will move on. It's a process not a instant transformation.

Our transfers have taken longer than expected, but.. well it was kind of to be expected we've had two very poor seasons, and yes things are changing but people and players want proof, right now we're making promises and offering good money, which is why the higher standard of players are interested but also keeping an eye out for ready made champions league.

Just show some trust in the manager, show some trust in the recruitment. They do know what they are doing.

Spot on mate, just look at the signing that Distan proved to be, despite his so called age and the money we paid for him.

Williams is a very similar player imo, just not as pacey and more of a leader.

Reactions: Rat

Williams is extremely solid, one of the best CB's in the league, yes he is older but not ancient, him at the back and helping out the younger players like holgate etc coming through will be fantastic. And with him in defense we will concede less goals, fact.

Most of the times successful teams are built on solid foundations with exciting flair to come along with it, we already have some very exciting attacking talent, mirallas, deulofeu, lukaku. And even Bolaise, although inconsistent can be a match winner. We are right now doing a hard job of getting us out of the reverse gear martinez had us in, and getting back into European places, and THEN we will move on. It's a process not a instant transformation.

Our transfers have taken longer than expected, but.. well it was kind of to be expected we've had two very poor seasons, and yes things are changing but people and players want proof, right now we're making promises and offering good money, which is why the higher standard of players are interested but also keeping an eye out for ready made champions league.

Trust Koeman and Walsh 100% Let them do their job

Spot on mate, just look at the signing that Distan proved to be, despite his called age and the money we paid for him.

Williams is a very similar player imo, just not as pacey and more of a leader.

No one is saying Distin wasn't a good signing - for a side that bumped its head at 5th place for all the years after he joined.

'Nothing will be the same' suggested that we were aiming high, it's the new Ev dining at the top table.

All looking like a load of porkies.

Perhaps we have tried to sign these players but they wish to join a club that are playing in Europe? Perhaps it is because our cash investment has coincided with a ridiculous hike in player values? £18 million for a bog standard midfielder? Perhaps we have realised that it will take time to get to where we want to be and we don't want to spend mental money on average players? Witsel is £20 million tops - don't get the hype.

Fed up with the 'I want everything NOW' generation. Grow up.
I've been wanting it for decades you patronising blert. We used to win things, then we decided we weren't good enough and we should be happy with what we had. Then, we had a glimmer of something more, and it was a mirage. Sorry if you don't like my tone but this summers recruitment is shaping up to be no better than any of the last 10 summers and I'm no more happy with that than I was last year or the year before that. If not now then when? No doubt you'll be telling me to grow up or that I'm a bedwetter next summer and the summer after that. I'll grow up when you grow some ambition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back