Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think the first 11 come September may well end up being fantastic once all the players are together. As much as we can turn our noses up at Bolasie and the like , can't argue they don't add something we are missing in some way.

Bolasie adds natural left player and sheer pace. That alone is what we haven't had for a long time. Bit overpriced sure but in this market what do you expect? We are opting for prem proven players rather than gambling right now so this lad could well be a good signing in the new look team.

Gueye is a wait and see player for me. The type of player he is and what he can do makes me think he will be a very good addition chasing and covering ground defensively. For the price he is cheap so even as a bit part player he can do a job.

Stekelenberg is a solid keeper. Might not be as good as neur but again experienced and better than signing a bogdan type player. Cheap again.

Williams adds quality that jags doesn't. That for me and for the price reported means he is a good investment. No nonsense defender who is a born leader and experienced. So happy with that.

I'm starting to think the first 11 come September may well end up being fantastic once all the players are together. As much as we can turn our noses up at Bolasie and the like , can't argue they don't add something we are missing in some way.

Bolasie adds natural left player and sheer pace. That alone is what we haven't had for a long time. Bit overpriced sure but in this market what do you expect? We are opting for prem proven players rather than gambling right now so this lad could well be a good signing in the new look team.

Gueye is a wait and see player for me. The type of player he is and what he can do makes me think he will be a very good addition chasing and covering ground defensively. For the price he is cheap so even as a bit part player he can do a job.

Stekelenberg is a solid keeper. Might not be as good as neur but again experienced and better than signing a bogdan type player. Cheap again.

Williams adds quality that jags doesn't. That for me and for the price reported means he is a good investment. No nonsense defender who is a born leader and experienced. So happy with that.
Hmmmmmmmmm..............

?

Did i miss a comment or quote by Koeman that makes everyone think he's only here for a couple of years ? I keep seeing references to a short term approach and wonder where it came.from. if its true, then young players have no.chance, despite what he says. Whatever faults o Moyes & Martinez,.they bought and often.promoted young players and even.with Roberto, if he'd worked out.as we hoped, he.might have been with us for 5+ years. It was nice to be a club that has long serving stable management, as you can build teams and nurture young players. Obviously times have changed,.but.long.term. stability is still a clever and strong organisational strategy, so hopefully we've got Ron.for.5 yrs. If.he's successful

Did i miss a comment or quote by Koeman that makes everyone think he's only here for a couple of years ? I keep seeing references to a short term approach and wonder where it came.from. if its true, then young players have no.chance, despite what he says. Whatever faults o Moyes & Martinez,.they bought and often.promoted young players and even.with Roberto, if he'd worked out.as we hoped, he.might have been with us for 5+ years. It was nice to be a club that has long serving stable management, as you can build teams and nurture young players. Obviously times have changed,.but.long.term. stability is still a clever and strong organisational strategy, so hopefully we've got Ron.for.5 yrs. If.he's successful

His average time at a club is around 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back