Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The numerous false dawns we've already had this summer are one of the contributing factors making people feel so underwhelmed.

I'm confident that if last season people had talked about Williams and Bolasie people would have been to an extent quite content.

The issue now is that they're not the high-profile names that were heralded so early on - expectations are now considerably higher.

Fact is we came 11th last season so it's hard to attract players. If we come 6th this season and start work on a new ground we can attract slightly better players. You would need to spend £300m to do what City did a few years ago, and even then they started with Robinho who was hardly a rip-roaring success.

Wait, so Isco and Draxler are not coming?
laughing-bonobo-crop.jpg

Fact is we came 11th last season so it's hard to attract players.
Agreed and I've never been oblivious to the fact that for a number of reasons we'll struggle to attract the higher calibre targets that were named.

Naively, people seem to want to believe that since we've had an influx of cash we'll quickly become a target for the more attractive names.

It'll take a period of time with growing success and staggered development before we can actually (and consistently) attract the top talents.

Agreed and I've never been oblivious to the fact that for a number of reasons we'll struggle to attract the higher calibre targets that were named.

Naively, people seem to want to believe that since we've had an influx of cash we'll quickly become a target for the more attractive names.

It'll take a period of time with growing success and staggered development before we can actually (and consistently) attract the top talents.
How do we do that without good players?

How do we do that without good players?
We've got some reasonably talented players in the squad already: the issue is that for whatever reason they weren't producing their best.

Also, the likes of Williams, Bolasie et al will in my humble opinion improve the squad further so they've the potential to be good additions.

Nevertheless, the likes of Mata would obviously push us along further. The issue is we're not at the point of attracting such talents just yet.

Hence the staggered progression remark: bring people in, do well and then bring in better players with the success as a draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back