Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
No? What about those who put money on the mans word? There are more than a few I'm sure having read the Witsel and manager search threads.
Witsel was OURS, Pellegrini was at Zenit, Koeman had taken himself out of the race with Emery the front runner...

Witsel was 'ours' twice though - twice he verbally agreed only for his reps to pull out of the deal last minute with Juve poking around.

Pellegrini was very likely to go to Zenit as well - not sure Esk was 'certain' on it only that it was his opinion.

And if you think back to the managerial appointment, it actually seemed to work out pretty much exactly was saying...

Emery was the front runner and was ready to sign until PSG came in for him. Several sources back this up. Koeman was our no.1 choice and we had approached him earlier in the window, but he'd indicated that he wasn't interested at first so we moved on. That in turn seemingly peaked Koeman's interest and showed him we went business...

The boy Rachid is still out there, hes the only 1 I could see movement on before the weekend, thats if theres any substance to it all, seems a strange 1, do we REALLY need another winger? Geri, Mirallas, Lennon, Bolasie, still got that utter waste of oxygen McGeady lurking, then theres the boy Tash, but nobody really knows where hes gonna pop up, if at all, 5 wingers? 4 Right wingers at that, although the boy Rachid is left footed.

Hes the only rumble I can see out there, of course theres the boy Hart but im expecting that 1 to drag out for a bit more.

Should be some fresh links today like but cant see anything blowing up before the weekend.

Agree on Ghezzal (I don't know if that's his name and I'm not gonna check).

Unless we're planning on shifting one of Lennon/Mirallas then there just isn't really space for him - unless he's coming in to play as a 'playmaker' outright.

Same with Hart as well. Think there's certainly a distinct possibility it could happen, but don't fancy that to be any time soon (relatively speaking).

Agree on Ghezzal (I don't know if that's his name and I'm not gonna check).

Unless we're planning on shifting one of Lennon/Mirallas then there just isn't really space for him - unless he's coming in to play as a 'playmaker' outright.

Same with Hart as well. Think there's certainly a distinct possibility it could happen, but don't fancy that to be any time soon (relatively speaking).
I think we need another attacking option regardless of position. Either a striker so Deulofeu can be a winger or another winger if he is going to play up top but either way we need more options. Ghezzal certainly gives us something different to throw at teams from the right

Aboubakar is the new Emile Heskey.

Danilo is a brute and plays the same role as Gueye really (at least hes better defending when not fouling players).

Brahimi would have been good but we just signed Bolasie as the dribble machine.

Neves, huge yes from me. Top class.

Oh and big fan of manolas.

Neves didn't play or least didn't see him.

Would be happy if we signed

Ghezzel
Kone
Hart

Three players we are linked to but is Ghezzel another winger we don't need

As we could do with a back up striker as kone is no good and a strong cm like witsel

So 2 weeks to go, the money we have recouped for Stones after Barnsley's fee has been spent on Gueye, Williams, Bolasie and Steklenburg.....I would say that is a great platform to build on and reckon we will add at least 5 more with 2 of them being marquee signings.

Centre half, another midfielder, Ghezzal, play maker and striker.

3 out I reckon, Niasse, Kone and one of Gibson or Lennon.

So 2 weeks to go, the money we have recouped for Stones after Barnsley's fee has been spent on Gueye, Williams, Bolasie and Steklenburg.....I would say that is a great platform to build on and reckon we will add at least 4 more with 2 of them being marquee signings.

Our next great move would be to get lukaku and Barkley to sign new contracts. Barkley only got two years left.

Reactions: DRM

If we can get one big name player in who will shake up the starting XI (somebody in the stature of Mata) and one to challenge the starting XI who is around the 23-24 year old mark, I'll be happy enough with this transfer window. At this stage I've accepted, begrudgingly, that we won't get a top keeper in, which is somewhat disappointing, even if Stekelenberg had a good opening game.

If we can get one big name player in who will shake up the starting XI (somebody in the stature of Mata) and one to challenge the starting XI who is around the 23-24 year old mark, I'll be happy enough with this transfer window. At this stage I've accepted, begrudgingly, that we won't get a top keeper in, which is somewhat disappointing, even if Stekelenberg had a good opening game.
Would you take hart on loan. Reports suggest he is open to the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back