Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one working striker at the club - get that position sorted first before arsing around Hart, Kone etc
This. Lukaku was injured on Saturday (that can, and often does happen to players shock horror) and we had to play a winger up front who couldn't finish his breakfast.

We relied hugely on Lukaku under Martinez, and the fact we've kicked off the season in exactly the same position of having one striker of note at the football club is completely incompetent.

Would you take hart on loan. Reports suggest he is open to the idea.
Yes, definitely, but only if a deal is also in place to make it permanent should we decide on it. 15m would be about right.

Hart on loan, a 2nd striker to push Lukaku around the 10-15m mark, a big-name creative midfielder and that would be fine for me.

Those three, plus Williams, Bolasie, Gueye would be great business really. Is it too much to want the owners to spend around 30m of their own money? Would be dreadfully disappointed if they aren't prepared to spend after all the 'new era' talk etc.

This. Lukaku was injured on Saturday (that can, and often does happen to players shock horror) and we had to play a winger up front who couldn't finish his breakfast.

We relied hugely on Lukaku under Martinez, and the fact we've kicked off the season in exactly the same position of having one striker of note at the football club is completely incompetent.

Any club going for european places have a least decent front men. We need 2 more. 3 if lukaku goes. Bony would have been decent. Can't understand why everton didn't go for him when they had opportunity when stones deal was being done. What other half decent forwards will come to goodison? Remember we need at least 2. Crazy to think what happens to whole season if lukaku goes or gets injured.

So 2 weeks to go, the money we have recouped for Stones after Barnsley's fee has been spent on Gueye, Williams, Bolasie and Steklenburg.....I would say that is a great platform to build on and reckon we will add at least 5 more with 2 of them being marquee signings.

Centre half, another midfielder, Ghezzal, play maker and striker.

3 out I reckon, Niasse, Kone and one of Gibson or Lennon.

Someone's confident ;)

Think that is a good point. Martinez big flaw as a manager was the fact he built a horribly lopsided squad that depended on one striker, 3 defenders , one right back etc.

We need to sort it now. But it depends on how we play. Mccarthy and Barry aren't suited to 352, especially Barry. We seem to have a lack of momentum between defence and attack as it stands unless Barkley can do it all by himself. Too many positions and too many deadwood to shift.

I'd be satisfied with Kev moved to second striker tbh. Attacker who can finish, balances the squad and allows focus on other areas.

So 2 weeks to go, the money we have recouped for Stones after Barnsley's fee has been spent on Gueye, Williams, Bolasie and Steklenburg.....I would say that is a great platform to build on and reckon we will add at least 5 more with 2 of them being marquee signings.

Centre half, another midfielder, Ghezzal, play maker and striker.

3 out I reckon, Niasse, Kone and one of Gibson or Lennon.
Def keep Lennon. Gibson needs booting out, along with Kone (feel he'll stay, which will be unreal), Niasse and McGeady. If we get Hart/a different goalkeeper I'd also sell (not loan) Robles too.

Think that is a good point. Martinez big flaw as a manager was the fact he built a horribly lopsided squad that depended on one striker, 3 defenders , one right back etc.

We need to sort it now. But it depends on how we play. Mccarthy and Barry aren't suited to 352, especially Barry. We seem to have a lack of momentum between defence and attack as it stands unless Barkley can do it all by himself. Too many positions and too many deadwood to shift.

I'd be satisfied with Kev moved to second striker tbh. Attacker who can finish, balances the squad and allows focus on other areas.

Hahah what the hell? Barry was superb the other day.

McCarthy did very well in the wing back position as well, but long-term probably isn't a solution there.

Barry is more than suited to a 3-5-2 though.

We played sharper and up tempo on Saturday and the amount of times Barry played some great passes for Del and Mirallas was unreal. He did six or seven in the first half that were brilliant and totally kick-started the moves.

Barry is a player that literally suits any system as long as he is managed right in terms of minutes and who plays with him. With Gueye there to provide the energy Barry can just sweep up and act as the playmaker.

What we really need is somebody who can come in and do that job long term.

Would be happy if we signed

Ghezzel
Kone
Hart

Three players we are linked to but is Ghezzel another winger we don't need

As we could do with a back up striker as kone is no good and a strong cm like witsel
I think we only have 2 real wingers in lennon and bolasie imo. Mirrallas and del are like for like in that they are not quite strikers but then not quite wingers yet do a job at both. They have a role to play that's for sure however another quality proper winger is a must. And yes I am defo excluding the Irish gimp from this opinion. Have only seen the obligatory YouTube of Ghezzel so huge caution, however he seems to have something we lack.

Def keep Lennon. Gibson needs booting out, along with Kone (feel he'll stay, which will be unreal), Niasse and McGeady. If we get Hart/a different goalkeeper I'd also sell (not loan) Robles too.

Not even counting McGeady as had forgotten about him....he goes in the category of give him a job cutting the grass or something.

I would keep Lennon, he is adaptable and if Del is to be used as a striker occasionally there is a role for him filling in on the right.

It's definitely gone quiet on the auld rumour front.

I can only think that Mosh has given orders for the squeelers to be silenced or that the said squeelers are reluctant to stick their necks above the parapet given the amount of BS they have spouted so far this summer.

I don't know whether it's pleasing or slightly unnerving.

The striking situation at this club has been atrocious for years - imagine if Rom had glass ankles instead of rubber ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back