Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, just don't fancy Scottish players who have been through their youth system, I don't think they are exposed to the same competition training facilities etc and just seem to be off the pace from their counterparts down here. For sure outstanding football talent will overcome, however, Griffiths is not that for me!

Would agree with this. That lad Robertson at Hull looked a million dollars up in Scotland but barely adequate in the PL and I think he was even dropped from their side in the Championship last season

3873369.jpg

Leigh Griffiths ladies and gentlemen

McCarthy is a PL quality footballer. Hull's Andrew Robertson is on track to be a great LB. Wanyama was tidy at Southampton, we'll see how it turns out at Spurs. Van Dijk (whom many members of this forum sneered at) is one of the best CBs in the league. Fraser Forster is a top quality GK.

There is quality to be found in Scottish football, it's just hard to find.

But yes, Leigh Griffiths should be swerved.

Well for me , Griffiths has more in his locker than Hooper and still improving especially under Rodgers.

especially under rodgers?!

you mean the same manager that lost to a part time team in gibralter?

Rodgers is a joke, bit worrying you think any player could get better because of him rather than in spite of him!

And to think loads turned their noses up at boy.

tut, tut, tut

Will be back up to Ter Stegen. I think people were justified in turning up their noses, just because you go to Barca or Real doesn't immediately mean you're World Class ! Our own Tommy Gravesen springs to mind and in more recent times Javier Hernandez and if you believe the press Barca want Rondon from WBA ! I rest my case !

Why not?
He is young and also can score goals. His stats is the same like Vardy.

Even though he is not some fancy name, with the way his goalscoring record at Celtic, don't be surprised he will end up at one PL club this season.

If I was going to poach a Celtic player, it'd be Tierney or Roberts tbh

I do like me some Griffiths though. Scores screamers, supports Hibs and looks like a thumb. What's not to like? Wouldn't have him at Everton though. I'd want to see him do well for a Swansea or WBA first, just to make sure he could do it at PL level

He's not a sure thing like Forster, Wanyama and VVD were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back