Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I'm expecting in terms of likelihood of signings during the rest of the window.

Near certainty:
  • Backup striker
  • Center back

Good chance:
  • Deeper playing center mid
  • Goalkeeper

Maybe:
  • Attacking midfielder

Unlikely, but possible:
  • Right back

I'm puzzled as to why you're so keen on trying to silence me from asking questions of somebody who had fed us deliberate lies for months and made us a total laughing stock.

Talk about defending the faith.

Are you in on the wind up?
upload_2016-8-18_20-14-31.webp

There you are mate. Oh if you want answers from him, try tagging him. It's not hard.

Why not?
He is young and also can score goals. His stats is the same like Vardy.

Even though he is not some fancy name, with the way his goalscoring record at Celtic, don't be surprised he will end up at one PL club this season.

History has taught us that scoring in the Scottish league is totally irrelevant, all the teams (including Celtic) would struggle in the Championship.

If I was going to poach a Celtic player, it'd be Tierney or Roberts tbh

I do like me some Griffiths though. Scores screamers, supports Hibs and looks like a thumb. What's not to like? Wouldn't have him at Everton though. I'd want to see him do well for a Swansea or WBA first, just to make sure he could do it at PL level

He's not a sure thing like Forster, Wanyama and VVD were
I'd think flambé rather than poach Mikey

In view of the fact Koeman took over a team where the good players are ageing, I'm slightly concerned that the average age of the four newbies is 30. There is a danger Ron is planning no further than two years hence. Another aspect of Moyes tenure we've all possibly overlooked is how he planned well for the future, unlike the car crash Bob left us with

In view of the fact Koeman took over a team where the good players are ageing, I'm slightly concerned that the average age of the four newbies is 30. There is a danger Ron is planning no further than two years hence. Another aspect of Moyes tenure we've all possibly overlooked is how he planned well for the future, unlike the car crash Bob left us with

That is honestly a good point.
But you do have to also consider that our squad was so young before maybe he wanted to add some experience.
McCarthy, Funes Mori, Del, Barkley, and Lukaku are all key members and very young (25 and under). Not to mention Davies and Dowell trying to break through.
Hopefully that is what he is thinking :/

An understandable concern I think.

But I'm actually ok with it. We need immediate fixes. As nice as getting young prospects in is, I feel we needed the steel and experience that has been bought in.

It will help us win more I'm sure. Worth noting we have loads of boss young guns already. Now they can learn from experienced players too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back