Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
An understandable concern I think.

But I'm actually ok with it. We need immediate fixes. As nice as getting young prospects in is, I feel we needed the steel and experience that has been bought in.

It will help us win more I'm sure. Worth noting we have loads of boss young guns already. Now they can learn from experienced players too.

Agreed. This is an ok strategy for me as long as we get rid of the others in this age bracket who are not good enough. I would then hope that in future transfer windows he would begin to bring in younger players. All that said, and not my favoured approach, most successful teams simply buy a team in it's prime.

Agreed. This is an ok strategy for me as long as we get rid of the others in this age bracket who are not good enough. I would then hope that in future transfer windows he would begin to bring in younger players. All that said, and not my favoured approach, most successful teams simply buy a team in it's prime.

I reckon as long we win loads I'm not really arsed how it's done.

Here's what I'm expecting in terms of likelihood of signings during the rest of the window.

Near certainty:
  • Backup striker
  • Center back

Good chance:
  • Deeper playing center mid
  • Goalkeeper

Maybe:
  • Attacking midfielder

Unlikely, but possible:
  • Right back
striker yes urgent need. defender yes certainly with koeman likes 5-3-2 goalie only Joe Hart type of signings not sure if Krul for example is a huge step up midfielder only again if we get big name would have liked Witsel

Will be back up to Ter Stegen. I think people were justified in turning up their noses, just because you go to Barca or Real doesn't immediately mean you're World Class ! Our own Tommy Gravesen springs to mind and in more recent times Javier Hernandez and if you believe the press Barca want Rondon from WBA ! I rest my case !

Drenthe playing for Real always seemed incongruous

In view of the fact Koeman took over a team where the good players are ageing, I'm slightly concerned that the average age of the four newbies is 30. There is a danger Ron is planning no further than two years hence. Another aspect of Moyes tenure we've all possibly overlooked is how he planned well for the future, unlike the car crash Bob left us with

Not really. Ignoring the age of any keeper as it is not relevant, Idrissa is only 26, Bolashie is 27 and Williams is 31 which equals an average age of 28.

I don't mind us buying experienced players, and it should result in us getting better results in the short to medium term but none of us know how much Moshiri is going to or is able to invest in the medium to long term, wether we'll have to sell more key players in future to balance the books. If we don't buy any younger prospects and we don't become successful on the pitch over the next season or two then surely we'd have to sell Lukaku, Barkley in the near future.

I'd like us to invest in a few younger prospects so we have more options to fall back on should we need to, while progressing at the same time.

Unless we have a plan in place to circumvent the FFP restrictions I think we'd be foolish not to invest in younger players at the same time as buying more established players.

I don't mind us buying experienced players, and it should result in us getting better results in the short to medium term but none of us know how much Moshiri is going to or is able to invest in the medium to long term, wether we'll have to sell more key players in future to balance the books. If we don't buy any younger prospects and we don't become successful on the pitch over the next season or two then surely we'd have to sell Lukaku, Barkley in the near future.

I'd like us to invest in a few younger prospects so we have more options to fall back on should we need to, while progressing at the same time.

Unless we have a plan in place to circumvent the FFP restrictions I think we'd be foolish not to invest in younger players at the same time as buying more established players.

Agree, but we have to be realistic about where we are, mid table, no silverware for a while. It's not like the young and up and coming stars see us as a highly desirable club. The short term quick fix should change that raise our profile and make us more attractive. Plus any of our young lads coming through as bonus.
In addition other clubs profiles are diminishing (you know who!)

I think Koeman is just looking at short term initially hence his signing and once the team is more solid and stabilised he will start to look at young prospects along with established players. Remember we still have a decent bunch of youngsters coming through like Davies, Holgate, Williams and more with some players still young and learning such as Lukaku, del and Ross. Koeman has gone about it in the right way so far IMO by trying to get rid of the soft under belly by bringing in competitive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back