Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say "he's in a position where he hears things".

The truth is, you haven't the slightest idea if that's the case or not. He's an anonymous geezer on a forum and you don't have the first clue who he is.

The fact is, not a single thing he claimed was happening - "in the bag", "xx is ours" etc - has actually happened. He has a success rate of zero. And the signings we have made he had no prior idea of at all. With that in mind, downright common sense tells you that he's taking utter wham.

Yes people on here cite his proclamations as fact. "We were talking to Witsel", "we have approached Mata". There is no evidence for any of these things yet people talk as if the glorious word of Esk is all that's needed that these events have actually occurred.

We've all been had by this fella. It would do us all good to admit it and stop prolonging his fantasy.

You know something mate, im sure that we had made contact with Witsel and Mata. There was a period of time where people thought nothing was happening when we were busy trying to chase and convince targets 'out of our league' to join the Moshiri revolution.

Every newspaper, website and ITK, all believed that Mata and Witsel was close. I don't know if your involved in the business sector or not, but usually when one party moves the goalposts, deals either need re-negotiating or scrapped altogether.
Witsel was interested in us as we were him, but once he caught wind that Napoli or Juventus wanted him, he decided Everton was second best. With CL footy on offer and a life in Turin or Naples on the table he was bound to change his mind.
In the case of Mata I believe that if Jose and Mata want him to join Everton then he wont do it now, he will do it at the end of the window when Everton may drop points in their battle for 4th (as we all hope we will be doing).

Everton are now somewhere between Plan B and panic buying. That's my viewpoint although some others here rightly believe that Everton are just paying the asking price - no more bargain basement for us.

The Esk was simply passing on info as we all do. I pass on little snippets about stuff such as Everton nearly being bought by Venky's, it didn't happen so does that mean im wrong ?

You seem a little aggressive towards the Esk, you have every right to share your viewpoints but lets try being a little less forceful against the Esk and others claiming to be ITK with regards to targets.

EDIT; When I say hoping we do, I meant chasing 4th not dropping points.

Ive been rumbled, back to RAWK I go.

The truth is, you haven't the slightest idea if that's the case or not. He's an anonymous geezer on a forum and you don't have the first clue who he is.

The fact is, not a single thing he claimed was happening - "in the bag", "xx is ours" etc - has actually happened. He has a success rate of zero. And the signings we have made he had no prior idea of at all. With that in mind, downright common sense tells you that he's taking utter wham.

Yes people on here cite his proclamations as fact. "We were talking to Witsel", "we have approached Mata". There is no evidence for any of these things yet people talk as if the glorious word of Esk is all that's needed that these events have actually occurred.

We've all been had by this fella. It would do us all good to admit it and stop prolonging his fantasy.
Why are you bothered that other people might believe him, if YOU know he's a wum then surely that's enough,

He told us Koeman was number 1 choice, guess what? he was right.

Why don't you wind your neck in, get some real purpose in life and stop this obsession with calling somebody out over something not that important? you over obsessive knicker wetting blert.

Because he's [Poor language removed]

Really Sageline50 ? About a year ago everyone was worried McCarthy was linked with spurs, I don't know why everyone is against him all of a sudden, he is one of those players that might not be a fan favourite but he does the dirty work.
I always felt jimmy Mc was too busy worrying about Barry getting caught for pace, when he focuses on his own game he will come better. For example I would like to see Gueye/Jimmy partnership over 6 or so games.

You know something mate, im sure that we had made contact with Witsel and Mata. There was a period of time where people thought nothing was happening when we were busy trying to chase and convince targets 'out of our league' to join the Moshiri revolution.

Every newspaper, website and ITK, all believed that Mata and Witsel was close. I don't know if your involved in the business sector or not, but usually when one party moves the goalposts, deals either need re-negotiating or scrapped altogether.
Witsel was interested in us as we were him, but once he caught wind that Napoli or Juventus wanted him, he decided Everton was second best. With CL footy on offer and a life in Turin or Naples on the table he was bound to change his mind.
In the case of Mata I believe that if Jose and Mata want him to join Everton then he wont do it now, he will do it at the end of the window when Everton may drop points in their battle for 4th (as we all hope we will be doing).

Everton are now somewhere between Plan B and panic buying. That's my viewpoint although some others here rightly believe that Everton are just paying the asking price - no more bargain basement for us.

The Esk was simply passing on info as we all do. I pass on little snippets about stuff such as Everton nearly being bought by Venky's, it didn't happen so does that mean im wrong ?

You seem a little aggressive towards the Esk, you have every right to share your viewpoints but lets try being a little less forceful against the Esk and others claiming to be ITK with regards to targets.

EDIT; When I say hoping we do, I meant chasing 4th not dropping points.

Ive been rumbled, back to RAWK I go.
If I tell you that I have been given info that we are in talks with Gareth Bale and we are looking good to sign him, then the next day I say it's not happening now because the goalposts have changed, does that make me an ITK, or does it mean I'm talking absolute shoite?

The British media claimed we had bid for Draxler and that Lukaku was off to Chelsea.

Doesn't make it true.
Errm don't think you read it properly RUSSIAN STATE MEDIA news the TASS. They can be accused of politically manipulating there readers but this is bang on we're not talking about a gossip section

The British media claimed we had bid for Draxler and that Lukaku was off to Chelsea.

Doesn't make it true.
Besides I do agree that the Esk has hurt his credibility a bit by jumping the gun. But I have no reason to doubt that his snippets have some element of truth and he's defo not on the wind up

I think I have only ever seen you post about Esk, its a bit worrying tbh. I can understand you questioning him, but doing it constantly, do you have an obesession with the man?

Really Sageline50 ? About a year ago everyone was worried McCarthy was linked with spurs, I don't know why everyone is against him all of a sudden, he is one of those players that might not be a fan favourite but he does the dirty work.
I always felt jimmy Mc was too busy worrying about Barry getting caught for pace, when he focuses on his own game he will come better. For example I would like to see Gueye/Jimmy partnership over 6 or so games.

Barry probably still has more pace rhan JM. He doesnt have the all round game to play in a top team, he runs and puts the odd tackle in now and again, he cant pass further than 10 yards.
In the right team he could do a decent job but he could never do what Barry does, so could never play that role. Gueye can do everything McCarthy does and more.
I like JM but think the last couple of seasons have exposed his limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back