Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I tell you that I have been given info that we are in talks with Gareth Bale and we are looking good to sign him, then the next day I say it's not happening now because the goalposts have changed, does that make me an ITK, or does it mean I'm talking absolute shoite?

Mate it's pretty clear you don't believe what the esk is saying which is fine. Some choose to believe it which is also fine. Why can't you just leave it at that? It's really not that important.

If I tell you that I have been given info that we are in talks with Gareth Bale and we are looking good to sign him, then the next day I say it's not happening now because the goalposts have changed, does that make me an ITK, or does it mean I'm talking absolute shoite?

If you have a source that you believe is credible then you are free to share your views here. Im always cautious to 'made contact', 'Everton are interested' and such, Everton can make contact with who ever they want, a quick call saying Hey how much will it take for you to sell us Bale ? Could be reported as 'In touch with Madrid', that doesn't mean its B.S. just means we asked and was told he weren't for sale, or he is at £80m for example.

My point being that Esk was told we were in talks or deal was possible etc and he shared it with us so we could discuss the deals, if things changed then they changed, nothing we can do about it. Its your aggressive nature of wanting the man to be lynched that is worrying me.

Personally - and im not one to make accusations, im not sure you are a Evertonian, you seem to have popped up and just do anything to spread the hate. I actually believe you may be Megatron. Death to all Autob-lues.

Mate, why are you bothered?

Believe or don't believe. It's up to you. You're becoming the Richard Dawkins of the forum world here

Barry probably still has more pace rhan JM. He doesnt have the all round game to play in a top team, he runs and puts the odd tackle in now and again, he cant pass further than 10 yards.
In the right team he could do a decent job but he could never do what Barry does, so could never play that role. Gueye can do everything McCarthy does and more.
I like JM but think the last couple of seasons have exposed his limitations.

McCarthy doesn't have to be a direct replacement for barry, im thinking of how many times could a midfielder get past both Gueye and Jimmy ?

McCarthy is getting a lot of slack on here and it isn't fair IMO (I accept yours may differ) I think I would ship out Gibson, cleverly, mcgeady, niasse and Oviedo (depending on galloways loan move) before Jimmy. PLus barry may have a year or two left, leaving us with Gueye, Besic (injury prone), McCarthy, ross and hopefully another playmaker.

Why do people bother reading transfer threads?
Because they'd like to be involved in a discussion & possibly be the first to know of a new signing.

Why do other people think they have a moral obligation to destroy any discussion that ensues from what someone may have heard and has passed on?
Anyone?

Mate, why are you bothered?

Believe or don't believe. It's up to you. You're becoming the Richard Dawkins of the forum world here

Depends on whether you believe him or not. One of his quotes -

We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.
By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.

Guess that's slightly off topic? :oops:

If you have a source that you believe is credible then you are free to share your views here. Im always cautious to 'made contact', 'Everton are interested' and such, Everton can make contact with who ever they want, a quick call saying Hey how much will it take for you to sell us Bale ? Could be reported as 'In touch with Madrid', that doesn't mean its B.S. just means we asked and was told he weren't for sale, or he is at £80m for example.

My point being that Esk was told we were in talks or deal was possible etc and he shared it with us so we could discuss the deals, if things changed then they changed, nothing we can do about it. Its your aggressive nature of wanting the man to be lynched that is worrying me.

Personally - and im not one to make accusations, im not sure you are a Evertonian, you seem to have popped up and just do anything to spread the hate. I actually believe you may be Megatron. Death to all Autob-lues.

He has nothing to do with me

Really Sageline50 ? About a year ago everyone was worried McCarthy was linked with spurs, I don't know why everyone is against him all of a sudden, he is one of those players that might not be a fan favourite but he does the dirty work.
I always felt jimmy Mc was too busy worrying about Barry getting caught for pace, when he focuses on his own game he will come better. For example I would like to see Gueye/Jimmy partnership over 6 or so games.
Dafuq is that lad?

And on this fraud, was never worried about the Spurs interest because it was made up by his agent to squeeze more money from us. He doesn't do the dirty work at all, he merely runs around aimlessly, contributing absolutely zero to the team.

If we can bring in a quality cm, then McCarthy is the first one out the door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back