Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's from the RMC site (translated via google).

It's hard to tell how good the translation is but reading it as it translates directly it sounds like the terms weren't good enough.

I guess it may have lost something in translation though and may be due to lack of European football. Anyone fluent in French?

vous mere?

reading that article it said that Gibson's contract extension was already in place before Koeman came in. That makes more sense because he doesn't look like a player Koeman wants.

While Koeman wasn't technically Everton's manager at the time of Gibson's extension, he had already agreed to terms with Everton. I'm pretty confident they would have gotten his approval on Gibson.

While Koeman wasn't technically Everton's manager at the time of Gibson's extension, he had already agreed to terms with Everton. I'm pretty confident they would have gotten his approval on Gibson.

Would be odd if that were the case given that Koeman has said he wanted time to view all the squad before making a decision on who to keep etc.

Mind you that article was the first time I'd read about Gibson's contract already being in the pipeline before Koeman came in so who knows.

That's from the RMC site (translated via google).

It's hard to tell how good the translation is but reading it as it translates directly it sounds like the terms weren't good enough.

I guess it may have lost something in translation though and may be due to lack of European football. Anyone fluent in French?

Yep. It's very vague though and just says that according to RMC sources, he called us this afternoon to turn down the contract offered last week because he didn't want to be without European football for a year...the poor lamb (that bit added by me).

Would be odd if that were the case given that Koeman has said he wanted time to view all the squad before making a decision on who to keep etc.

Mind you that article was the first time I'd read about Gibson's contract already being in the pipeline before Koeman came in so who knows.

Gibson does provide something we are short of, a good ball distributor in the midfield. Koeman has obviously been happy with Barry's ability to fill that role in the first two games so maybe he's reconsidering the need for Gibson. However, I don't think there's any chance Gibson leaves unless we get another midfielder who can fill that role. I suspect the article is nothing but normal transfer window speculation trying to pass itself off as facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back