Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want us to sell Lennon, think he still has plenty to offer. He'd waltz into any team outside of the top 7/8 and would be a decent option for more other teams in the league for their squads. McCarthy obviously is dog poo poo though.
I only have one question.

Why weren't more clubs in for him at the time?

Same as cleverley? Why were the only clubs interested in signing him both us and soon to be bottom aston villa?

think they were bottom half of the table players to be honest. Not discrediting their ability, just that they wren't exactly sought after players.

Same as cleverley? Why were the only clubs interested in signing him both us and soon to be bottom aston villa?

think they were bottom half of the table players to be honest. Not discrediting their ability, just that they wren't exactly sought after players.
I didn't see bidding wars v Leicester for Vardy, Mahrez and Kante either to be fair pal.

lol @ Snivelley

No one else wanted him because he is utter dog droppings

I didn't see bidding wars v Leicester for Vardy, Mahrez and Kante either to be fair pal.

all examples of excellent scouting to be fair. It is these sorts of players that are the exception to the rule, same as the players monchi brought to sevilla, cheap but great.

Gueye another one, cheap but so far looking perfect for the role.

english championship club signing french lower players for cheap is not quite the same as cleverley and lennon, both internationals in their country.

How do you know that no other club made an enquiry or showed an interest? Because it wasn't in the papers that no one believes anyway?

How do you know that no other club made an enquiry or showed an interest? Because it wasn't in the papers that no one believes anyway?
the thing is, you say no-one believes the papers yet we have no other source of information.

I say no other were interested in cleverley as they never came in to negotiate a contract with him when we did.

I say noone else wanted lennon because we signed him on deadline day so plenty of time to sign a player who was unwanted.

Both average players in the grand scheme of things who may have been half decent for us, but they signed and we ended up at their level, mid table.

the thing is, you say no-one believes the papers yet we have no other source of information.

I say no other were interested in cleverley as they never came in to negotiate a contract with him when we did.

I say noone else wanted lennon because we signed him on deadline day so plenty of time to sign a player who was unwanted.

Both average players in the grand scheme of things who may have been half decent for us, but they signed and we ended up at their level, mid table.

Both Cleverley and Lenno had apparently wanted to move to us and made that clear in stalling on any other approaches though hadn't they?

In which case other clubs interests would be a polite - no interested response which would hadnly make the papers mate

Both Cleverley and Lenno had apparently wanted to move to us and made that clear in stalling on any other approaches though hadn't they?

In which case other clubs interests would be a polite - no interested response which would hadnly make the papers mate
there isn;t any proof of that. Especially more so the lennon deal seeings though if a better placed team had come in for him he would have probably jumped at that such as west ham or southampton.

All my point is, is these players were not in high demand, we didn't have difficulty signing them.

they are pretty average I like lennon though. I'm just saying that there is no way of us knowing anything about any other clubs contacting them. the only source of news is stuff that is just made up. So if it isn't in there it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back