Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
rachel-43-QPtWWHfp8v66SLWTTIH6EQ.gif

Who is outbidding us? We're being gazumped by other teams who can offer CL/EL football or who have a better recent record than us. Modern day top footballers only have eyes for CL - we cannot offer that so they have their heads turned by interested clubs who can.

I know I was being ironic, I don't believe that players identified by Walsh for Leicester would be the players we need anyway. If he were still at Leicester.

Man City started their climb up the table by buying the best players from those around them and cast offs from the top (Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge etc). We are doing similar at the moment, but hopefully with better character too. I don't see Williams, Gana or Bolasie coming here just for the money. This is the correct step to take currently. Nothing wrong with us targeting Witsel etc but I doubt he could have performed any better than Gana has so far.

No I think you are right. It would be nice to have both Witsel and Gana mind. I think we have been smart with our recruitment. To get 3 proven premier league players in in the current market with change from 45 million (or essentially the fee we received for John Stones) has been smart business. I think the issue is people hoped there would be a bit of a change from "smart business". I suppose I was trying to highlight some of the subtle differences.

They are firstly the manager seems fairly happy/relaxed with the situation. Secondly we are being proven premier league players who can contribute from game 1. I'd almost forgotten what it's like to have lads sign and hit the ground running. The best we tended to get under Moyes was "he's promising". I think that's what the premium on British players (or players in Britain) gets you, lads who can contribute from game 1. The last time we had it felt like Andy Johnson who was a similar type of signing.

The signing of Williams in particular I think is a fantastic buy. I think a lot of the league will be very jealous with that one.

Anyway back to transfers.

Schneiderlin would be boss, and seems on the fringes at best at United, mourinho passed up on him when at saints as well so could see us bringing him in easily.

In that class just below the ones we've been knocked back by and history with koeman could see it as a good one

Is he the one who follows his tennis playing wife/partner around the world instead of training? He is QUOTED as saying that he will not play in Europe again, and that includes the Prem. China or the MLS here he comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back