Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was after him while at Leicester, was in negotiations last week according to the Telegraph, now he is off to Arsenal and this other fella gets mentioned.

It reeks of plan B.

Not disagreeing but €20mill for your number 1 striking target isnt much these days, so why wait until the last week in the window?

Also the Gabbiadini story broke first, went quiet, this Perez deal popped up now we are back to Gabbiadini. To me that looks like we have used the Perez deal to hurry Napoli/Gabbiadini into a decision

Whoever is in charge of implementing our transfer strategy this summer needs to be binned asap. We've not been taken seriously by players and agents and it's somewhat embarassing.

No it isn't.

The only club that is embarrassed by Perez-gate is Arsenal. Changing their minds at the last minute.

We've done what we can to get the deal done - the player would rather join a better, bigger and established club...

Not disagreeing but €20mill for your number 1 striking target isnt much these days, so why wait until the last week in the window?

Also the Gabbiadini story broke first, went quiet, this Perez deal popped up now we are back to Gabbiadini. To me that looks like we have used the Perez deal to hurry Napoli/Gabbiadini into a decision

If that's the case Napoli hold the aces now and will screw us even further.

Would we not try for Brahimi still?
I expected Arsenal to get him as 1st choice.
A lot of smoke and mirrors in this transfer palava.

Why oh why did the Perez deal have to leak out to the media? Does Matt Law have some sort of personal crusade going against us? He'd be perfect. Watch him be Arsenal's POTY.

I'm enormously disappointed by Gabbiadini, he's another one among those many incredibly average players made famous by being fast on Fifa ffs. We better make one hell of a signing come deadline day or there will be outrage.

journo with Sky italia (not that they're any more reliable than any other dodgy source I suppose)

saying we've bid 22mil (I presume Euros) up front for Gabbiadini, plus add ons

So reading that about us thinking we had it done a week ago but an issue in negotiations caused a delay.

Can someone please clarify who's dealing with these transfers at the moment?

This summer reeks of incompetence

Why oh why did the Perez deal have to leak out to the media? Does Matt Law have some sort of personal crusade going against us? He'd be perfect. Watch him be Arsenal's POTY.

I'm enormously disappointed by Gabbiadini, he just looks like an incredibly average player made famous by being fast on Fifa ffs. We better make one hell of a signing come deadline day or there will be outrage.

Yeah wish we'd signed that bloke who scored 17 for a average spanish team rather than that one who scored 17 for an average italian one, OUTRAGED I AM

Why would they be embarassed? They've got their man.

Because in the same Telegraph article that you're using to further your belief that we're amateur and one of the most respected head scouts in England should lose the job he started about 5 weeks ago, it clearly cites that Arsenal could have done the deal for Perez last week but refused as they wanted to try other targets.

They almost messed up royally and even then couldn't stump up an offer Deportivo were happy with - for a striker that isn't going to take them to the next level is he? (or we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him as back-up in the first place)

I'm enormously disappointed by Gabbiadini, he's another one among those many incredibly average players made famous by being fast on Fifa ffs. We better make one hell of a signing come deadline day or there will be outrage.

Don't think he's even that quick mate?

He's good at scoring goals though.

So reading that about us thinking we had it done a week ago but an issue in negotiations caused a delay.

Can someone please clarify who's dealing with these transfers at the moment?

This summer reeks of incompetence
Not sure anyone has the definite answer all that has been mentioned is that Kenwright was dealing with Sunderland over the kone transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back