Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So reading that about us thinking we had it done a week ago but an issue in negotiations caused a delay.

Can someone please clarify who's dealing with these transfers at the moment?

This summer reeks of incompetence
Said this earlier in the thread. When this window is done, moshiri needs to address who is trying to finalise deals for players and replace them or give them support. Either way we cannot continue to conduct our transfer business like this again.

So reading that about us thinking we had it done a week ago but an issue in negotiations caused a delay.

Can someone please clarify who's dealing with these transfers at the moment?

This summer reeks of incompetence

Law is claiming that. McNulty (better EFC contacts than Law) said we only agreed a fee on Tuesday.

Even if Law is right - he also says that last week was when Arsenal registered their interest but failed to follow up with a bid. That could well be why their was a 'hiccup' in negotiations with us at that stage and we sounded out alternatives (IIRC the Gabbiadini story first broke last week).

It has three of the world's best sides in it.

Most of the rest wouldn't cope with a season in the Prem and you're deluded if you think they would come close.
Would put Sevilla just behind the top 3. As for the rest none of them would finish in the top half of the premiership.

Because in the same Telegraph article that you're using to further your belief that we're amateur and one of the most respected head scouts in England should lose the job he started about 5 weeks ago, it clearly cites that Arsenal could have done the deal for Perez last week but refused as they wanted to try other targets.

They almost messed up royally and even then couldn't stump up an offer Deportivo were happy with - for a striker that isn't going to take them to the next level is he? (or we wouldn't have had a chance of signing him as back-up in the first place)

I'm not suggesting Walsh so go at all. He's doing his job finding the players. It's the negotiating team who are abysmal. I'm not sure who they are but they need to go asap. Moshiri surely should be replacing those not pulling their weight?

Would we not try for Brahimi still?
I expected Arsenal to get him as 1st choice.
A lot of smoke and mirrors in this transfer palava.

Because none of us actually know for sure but a lot are happy to make sweeping statements accusing everyone at the club at being amateur, so really there are no smoke and mirrors.

Just panic about things nobody on here can control.

Arsenal look like giving up on Mustafi and signing Toprak.

Glad we are not after someone with that name, @Bungle would be in his element with his gif portfolio!

Toprak on her LOL

gifs_give_bouncing_boobs_some_extra_oomph_38.gif

It has three of the world's best sides in it.

Most of the rest wouldn't cope with a season in the Prem and you're deluded if you think they would come close.
Premier league is still the best in the world.

So many teams are competitive now, and by counting in payet sum of stokes star players, Mahrez, lukaku and couthino (I know, Neymar likes him though) it means there is a very high level player technically in most of the top 10

Said this earlier in the thread. When this window is done, moshiri needs to address who is trying to finalise deals for players and replace them or give them support. Either way we cannot continue to conduct our transfer business like this again.

Depends though, as these failed deals and leaked interest could all be smoke and mirrors while we target other players. We will only know once the window has shut, im willing to hold off on the fume and dissapointment until then.

I'm not suggesting Walsh so go at all. He's doing his job finding the players. It's the negotiating team who are abysmal. I'm not sure who they are but they need to go asap. Moshiri surely should be replacing those not pulling their weight?

Walsh is heading up the negotiations mate that's part of his job as DoF...

And I'm sure Moshiri has other pressing concerns in his life and billion-pound business empires tbh mate - just a hunch - than Everton missing out on a player that none of our fans had heard about until two days ago.

It's not amateur if you've got a deal in place (as McNulty said - all the groundwork done) for a massive club like Arsenal (which they are) to come in and turn the player's head. Where would you go to be a back up striker, if you were in his shoes?

They'll be paying him more as well, btw - or at least matching our offer - which was supposedly very decent if the Spanish reports are to be believed.

Premier league is still the best in the world.

So many teams are competitive now, and by counting in payet sum of stokes star players, Mahrez, lukaku and couthino (I know, Neymar likes him though) it means there is a very high level player technically in most of the top 10

It's the most competitive mate definitely. Anybody can beat anybody on their day.

Spain isn't like that - though the majority best players are there (split between two clubs mind, Griezmann apart).

Walsh is heading up the negotiations mate that's part of his job as DoF...

And I'm sure Moshiri has other pressing concerns in his life and billion-pound business empires tbh mate - just a hunch - than Everton missing out on a player that none of our fans had heard about until two days ago.

It's not amateur if you've got a deal in place (as McNulty said - all the groundwork done) for a massive club like Arsenal (which they are) to come in and turn the player's head. Where would you go to be a back up striker, if you were in his shoes?

They'll be paying him more as well, btw - or at least matching our offer - which was supposedly very decent if the Spanish reports are to be believed.

Why? Why aren't we changing the wage structure. Very small time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back