Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are the example of how to consistently underachieve. They have everything. Even have this daft London pull that most tittish footballers seem wooed by. Yet they lose every single important game they play. I think we should be challenging them. That should be the very least of our ambitions. Arsenal are a poor side, with a poor outdated inept manager, a weak mentality, an acceptance of failure, a soulless stadium, a list of ex players that reads more like an attendance sheet at the local rehab center, and as I've already said, are in terminal decline.

Right, all of that may well be true. But none of that means that they aren't still a huge club in the eyes of footballers - and they are most certainly bigger than Everton.

Yet they've panicked because we have done just what you wanted us to do and gone for a player they were interested in (as their third-choice, but because they've been so inactive in the market this year they've gone back in for him).

I can guarantee from the player's POV who has been playing for relative pittance compared to what us and Arsenal will be offering him, that even if we had have offered him a slightly better deal he'd still pick Arsenal (Champions League football, the draw of living in London, one of the most high-profile clubs in the world, which they still are, it can't be denied).

In terms of making most of potential as a club, they are the worst underachievers in europe. Their collective sum is exponentially less than the sum of their parts. I think they are a bit shambolic personally. Failures in short.

Yeah but thats not what you said mate, you said nowhere not close to top ten in Europe and you are plainly wrong about that.

Ozil, Sanchez etc all,joined them mate over the rs and other teams interested and thats because in Europe they are a massive team

In terms of making most of their potential as a club, they are the worst underachievers in europe. Their collective sum is exponentially less than the sum of their parts. I think they are a bit shambolic personally. Failures in short.

they may be shambolic, but they're still a massive club

This excuse of no european football is a myth.

nobody has made that excuse in this case (Perez). We've simply been 'trumped' by a bigger club that the player would rather join, despite having been in negotiations and having agreed a fee (initially one that was more than Arsenal offered, by all accounts)

All this about us not being in Europe is rubbish. Seems to be every player we are linked with. Just cannot wait for this window to be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back