Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye you would assume so, tomorrow another day of links to everybody and anyone, game on Saturday, more links during the night, Sunday will just be rumour central, hoping for a few medical rumours, then Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday utter mayhem as every team in Europe goes insane.
This is the most exciting transfer window I've seen in a while. So much is happening. I feel like Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be like people trying to get a Turboman doll from the movie Jingle All the Way

£30k at best...cant see how koeman can be included as then would need to count any new coaches and physios etc...

Well yes Zat, thats how it works, our wage bill covers everybody the club pays a wage to, so realistically I should have put Steve Walsh on there.

Maybe Stickleback was a little high at 40k, considering he was only on 23k at fulham, but Gueye went to Villa for a biggish fee, if his agent didnt get him 40k he needs sacking.

Heitinga was our best player that season. They lost in the final to 1 goal in extra time against the best national side in the world at the time. Its a fair point to make no?

Heitinga was our player of the season 11/12, before that we thought he was merely alright and were jovially surprised to see him at a World Cup Final (2010 that was).

Not a fair point regarding Stek, especially as it was 6 years ago now.

Also, regarding keepers and World Cups: remember Howard and his 14 saves?

In order to compare if the squad is stronger than last year or not you need to compare it against last year's squad. How good Piennar, Osman etc were ten years ago has no relevance.

I disagree. If 4 stalwart squad members, with over a thousand games between them, are at the end, we would expect for us to have established replacements lined up if we had ambitions to at least remain best-of-the-rest.

By replacing them with players who may bomb after an initial honeymoon period (seeing as the replacements haven't yet proved anything at a regular top 6 level) we risk taking two steps backward in order to make merely one step forward.

It's a risk, but the early signs are that our new players have bedded in well. Let's hope it continues, but I'm not one for saying we're deffo stronger after the evidence of two mere games.

Heitinga was our player of the season 11/12, before that we thought he was merely alright and were jovially surprised to see him at a World Cup Final (2010 that was).

Not a fair point regarding Stek, especially as it was 6 years ago now.

Also, regarding keepers and World Cups: remember Howard and his 14 saves?

I disagree. If 4 stalwart squad members, with over a thousand games between them, are at the end, we would expect for us to have established replacements lined up if we had ambitions to at least remain best-of-the-rest.

By replacing them with players who may bomb after an initial honeymoon period (seeing as the replacements haven't yet proved anything at a regular top 6 level) we risk taking two steps backward in order to make merely one step forward.

It's a risk, but the early signs are that our new players have bedded in well. Let's hope it continues, but I'm not one for saying we're deffo stronger after the evidence of two mere games.

To be fair those players we released and also Howard have had as much impact as Gibson, McAleny, McGeady and Niasse recently.

If we punted all of them we wouldnt be weaker and actually could be considered stronger just by sticking a kid on the bench...thats how poor theyve become.

Also we have too many players.

To be fair those players we released and also Howard have had as much impact as Gibson, McAleny, McGeady and Niasse recently.

If we punted all of them we wouldnt be weaker and actually could be considered stronger just by sticking a kid on the bench...thats how poor theyve become.

Also we have too many players.

Too much chaff isn't the same as too many players, we're quite threadbare actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back