Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now with West Ham out of Europa League what will happen about this Lyon Midfielder that turned us down because of no European Football and wanted move to West Ham
Will the Deal be Resurrected or not.

That's a huge statement. How did you back it up?

That's a far reach, mate. From "I think these players will improve us" to "nobody can deny we're stronger".

There's no evidence we're stronger than last season as the players we've signed aren't top players from top clubs. We've signed three strong players from middling clubs (and one relegated club) and a keeper who was 2nd-choice at over-achieving small-time charlies.

We've lost our very own Franz Beckenbauer, and also lost four squad stalwarts who were deffo over the hill but still were a known reliable option last season.

As ever, time will tell. But right now we're a long way from "nobody can deny".

WhIle I agree with you that we shpuld not get ahead of ourselves. Stekelenburg deserves more credit than that. He hasn't been at his most noteworthy but he did play in a world Cup final.

Have to be honest, I'm quite happy with our dealings and the position we are in transfer wise. I really don't see the need to panic. We've strengthened the side in a few different areas, and without spending a thing. If you can do that, why wouldn't you? A massive signing would be nice given the transfer restrictions we've dealt with over the last 20 years, but spending for spending sake isn't the right way to go, not unless you can guarantee backing it up in May, and has been known to backfire in the past.

I for 1 am happy with the sensible approach, at least for the time being, and as Esk said, I'm sure they still working on strengthening further before next Thursday. Its not like in years gone by when we've desperately needed new blood without ever truly knowing if we were able to get it. I'm confident if the right deal is there, we will make it, and that is comforting in itself.

That's a huge statement. How did you back it up?

That's a far reach, mate. From "I think these players will improve us" to "nobody can deny we're stronger".

There's no evidence we're stronger than last season as the players we've signed aren't top players from top clubs. We've signed three strong players from middling clubs (and one relegated club) and a keeper who was 2nd-choice at over-achieving small-time charlies.

We've lost our very own Franz Beckenbauer, and also lost four squad stalwarts who were deffo over the hill but still were a known reliable option last season.

As ever, time will tell. But right now we're a long way from "nobody can deny".
Howard was utter tosh and the other 3 may have played 15 games combined. We've lost very little

WhIle I agree with you that we shpuld not get ahead of ourselves. Stekelenburg deserves more credit than that. He hasn't been at his most noteworthy but he did play in a world Cup final.

well played mate...the "but he played in a World Cup Final" is fast becoming the new "but 72 points lad".

1812525_w2.jpg

I like the look of Stek so far...but we're only two games in.

Now with West Ham out of Europa League what will happen about this Lyon Midfielder that turned us down because of no European Football and wanted move to West Ham
Will the Deal be Resurrected or not.

Im not sure he turned us down for West Ham.
I think he mostly wanted to stay in Lyon... However if he was to move he wanted to go to a team that is still playing in European competition.

I would be OK with Moshiri and Walsh taking another stab at him. Please let this happen

Howard was utter tosh and the other 3 may have played 15 games combined. We've lost very little

We've lost 5 players who needed replacing, who were important factors in our regular push for Europe over the years. It remains to be seen if their replacements: Stek, Gana, Bolasie, Williams and Holgate will make a similar impact.

well played mate...the "but he played in a World Cup Final" is fast becoming the new "but 72 points lad".

1812525_w2.jpg

I like the look of Stek so far...but we're only two games in.

Heitinga was our best player that season. They lost in the final to 1 goal in extra time against the best national side in the world at the time. Its a fair point to make no?

Well of course, to again state I know nothing and am normally wrong, Mata is unlikely to happen this window, suppose it depends how much game time he gets, he did move to United in January.

:coffee::coffee:
I for one would love to have him. I feel Barkley could learn a lot from him and he could mesh well with our offensive threats of Bolasie, Lukaku deulofeu, and company

I for one would love to have him. I feel Barkley could learn a lot from him and he could mesh well with our offensive threats of Bolasie, Lukaku deulofeu, and company

Well for me personally it would solve what I perceive as a massive hole in our squad, which is my fabled number 8.

Basically I would turn Ross into this player, now I know "he cant defend", but you know, its something, if nothing else it give us another option for times when Ross isnt on it, but I cant imagine we would buy Mata in order for him to be back up to Ross and its unlikely we would bench Ross for Mata, it would be something for The Ronster to deal with.

Well for me personally it would solve what I perceive as a massive hole in our squad, which is my fabled number 8.

Basically I would turn Ross into this player, now I know "he cant defend", but you know, its something, if nothing else it give us another option for times when Ross isnt on it, but I cant imagine we would buy Mata in order for him to be back up to Ross and its unlikely we would bench Ross for Mata, it would be something for The Ronster to deal with.
We will see. I'm hoping something big happens before the window closes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back