Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I reckon he'll play a fair bit too

Will be interesting to see how we set up tomorrow, as if Lukaku is back you'd expect one of Bolasie, Kev or Del not to feature. I personally think that Koeman will drop Kev, but with all being fair, he'd be the one you wouldn't drop based on the last two league games

I think it will be the same side that started the second half vs WBA mate, except maybe Williams in for Mori.

so

Stek

Holgate
Williams
Jags
Baines

Gueye
Barry
Barkley

Deulofeu
Lukaku
Mirallas

I could of course be totally wrong on that

Williams is a cracker signing. He'll prove to be one of the best buys of the season.

We need to get weaving elsewhere though. No wonder Koeman is talking through gritted teeth at his press conferences. He must be seething.

Totally agree with that, he must be thinking, WTF is going on here. He was probably told he'd have top stars brought in to work with. And so far, we've failed miserably

I'd be happy with that

I just have a feeling he might start Bolasie though

We'll see though

Yeh same mate, but at this point I do think in that case it would be Del who dropped out.

But only as we're against Stoke and it might be better to go with a bit more power up top at first, then we can bring on Del later on.

He'll get plenty of game time this year though, either way.

I thought Koeman looked happy in his presser yesterday - since he took charge, he always seems to get irritated when asked the same questions over and over. He was asked about Hart at least twice yesterday - probably why he was so abrupt with his answer second time around.

Some people on here need to have a reality check.

We've just finished 11th for the second season in a row. We aren't in Europe. No world class players are itching to come here.

These things take time. However, we've improved our first 11 and at the same time weakened our rivals. Also, we've not missed out on any players to our immediate rivals (Arsenal can offer Perez Champions league, so don't count) like we did last season.

This window has been very far from [Poor language removed]. I have 100% confidence in us finishing in a European spot this year.

We've just finished 11th for the second season in a row. We aren't in Europe. No world class players are itching to come here.

These things take time. However, we've improved our first 11 and at the same time weakened our rivals. Also, we've not missed out on any players to our immediate rivals (Arsenal can offer Perez Champions league, so don't count) like we did last season.

This window has been very far from [Poor language removed]. I have 100% confidence in us finishing in a European spot this year.
Mate you will be hunted down now for being positive - not allowed in this thread.

If there is any truth in the McCarthy to Newcastle rumor, how much would we need to add money wise to get Sissoko??

Agree with this pretty much, I'd like another striker before the window shuts though.

The automated censor is there as a safeguard. As we ask;

p) Poor, profane or obscene language of any type is not welcome - even in jest.

The forum rules are here to help us do that, and to ensure that these forums are of the highest quality. Read them. Know them. Please do not try to circumvent them.

We have a very valid reason for "Poor, profane or obscene language of any type is not welcome";

Language: Polite Reminder
https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/language-polite-reminder.54294/

The media makes up rumours for clickbait/sales etc. random links are made to random players, people get excited even though they know they aren’t true. Made up prediction doesn’t happen, Everton get blamed for not completing made up transfer. Champion’s league players get linked to Everton invented by journalist, player doesn’t join Everton, Everton get blamed. Players don’t get signed in advance of closure of transfer window for cacophony of reasons, Everton get blamed for delaying transfers, not acting quick enough etc… utter madness. Player choice, contract, wages, fees, clubs not wanting to let go etc… never even mentioned. If Everton don’t force a player to sign for us then it’s the clubs fault. So weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back