Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not disputing that mate. Just think we need to give it another 10 or so games. Can't call him a worldy after 3 games. IMO any keeper at PL level should be immense at shot stopping, it's the finer details like command of his box, positioning etc thay will make my mind up for me... hence why I'd like more than 3 games before I rate him!

Joe harts shot stopping, decision making and commanding his box aren't good IMO... And sketelenberg has played in a World Cup final.... So I would call him a " worldie" :)

I agree with that but the initial signs are good. He commanded his box impeccably today. I may be wrong but I'm sure I read he was in goal when the Dutch reached the World Cup final? If so he obviously has a bit of talent

He was mate. Go back 4-5 years and was one of the most highly sought after keepers in Europe. He moved to Roma and was never the same. I'd love him to come good again at 3m. Can we risk it in such a key position though?

Joe harts shot stopping, decision making and commanding his box aren't good IMO... And sketelenberg has played in a World Cup final.... So I would call him a " worldie" :)

Would you call John heitinga a worldie? I'd call him absolute poo

not sure if it really plays a part but it's nice to see us sitting 3rd after a good start to the season so any potential player can hopefully see us at the right end of the league after a decent start.

Like I said probably means little but better than being bottom with just a point on the board. Good start from the team maybe hopefully makes certain targets consider where we might be heading and what we want to achieve.

He was mate. Go back 4-5 years and was one of the most highly sought after keepers in Europe. He moved to Roma and was never the same. I'd love him to come good again at 3m. Can we risk it in such a key position though?
I'd agree it's a key position but at the same time I don't like spending a fortune on keepers. They're a strange bunch. One keeper can be great at one club and yet his head not be with it at another. I would happily accept a keeper in his 30's always, once he's finished pick up another in his early 30's

Hey there! FC Porto fan here. News in Portugal indicate both Everton and Arsenal are trying to sign Brahimi but Everton seems to be the favourites. He hasn't been playing since the first 2 or 3 games of the pre-season so Brahimi is literally just waiting for a transfer that is bound to happen as we have already signed a replacement for him.

If you are curious about him and his performance in Porto I can shed some light. During the first half of his first season here he was in top form and had some absolutely stunning games that made us think we had a real gem here. We were literally thinking he would be the next star that would leave Porto for a huge sum as he had everything to be a world class player: amazing ball control (reminded me of Zidane), technique, flair, speed and dribbling. However, once he came back from CAN his form dropped so dramatically that we wondered if someone replaced him for his twin when he was in africa.

At the end of that first season most supporters thought he had dropped in form because of CAN and basically considered that he wasn't capable of playing an entire season at the same level as his physical conditions didn't allow him to play that many consecutive games. However, during season two he presented us with some abysmal football from the start so we really have no idea what happened to him. During a few games he showed some of his magic and had a few good perfomances but overall he was very disappointing. His weaknesses also became more apparent as he showed lack of concentration during matches, would easily lose balls in the midfield leading to dangerous counter attacks from the opposition and was very individualistic, rarely helping in defense or trying to do all by himself when it was clear it was impossible.

During the 2nd half of last season he started sitting on the bench considerably more and showed some signs of insubordination for not playing regularly. Given Porto's poor financial conditions and the need to sell players it was pretty much obvious he was going to be sold at the start of this season even with a new manager.

In conclusion, I have no idea which Yacine Brahimi you guys are going to get: the one from the first half of the first season that showed he could become a world class player or the mediocre player that disappointed us so much the rest of the time.

not sure if it really plays a part but it's nice to see us sitting 3rd after a good start to the season so any potential player can hopefully see us at the right end of the league after a decent start.

Like I said probably means little but better than being bottom with just a point on the board. Good start from the team maybe hopefully makes certain targets consider where we might be heading and what we want to achieve.

Nothing better than having points in the bag, players go out there relaxed knowing the fans are behind them,
if we can get 6 or 7 wins fairly quickly i'll expect us to be there all season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back