Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes in all declared assets but there's no way they can know all the debt that isn't declared.

Look at Trump. Does anyone believe he is worth 10B?

No your correct there but Trump is the worst example on the face of the earth when it comes to this they are light years apart in terms of there resumes and as far as i am aware Farhad has made most of his money from Brokering deals and investing rather than Starting companies. Most of his shares are apparently with Usmanov in various Russian Businesses and considering the Russians arent really monitored like other Nations probably has quite a bit more than the 2 Billion.

Going on what you say, i think to a certain degree the lack of clarity may have caused all this enthusiasm and lack of it.

If there was a general public statement about the plans then views overall would change. Would we be happy with our business ending now but knowing excess money going into a new stadium? I personally would be satisfied with that. You don't get it both ways, sign players or build the stadium not both.

So yeah, if we are off to do number 2 then it would have been nice to put something out there about the first one to dampen expectations well before a week before.
I think the reason why it happened like it did is because they were worried about season tickets after two mid table finishes and then the hype just sort of got out of control.

Plus they probably thought they would sell Rom and Stones so with the TV money they would have a massive wedge to keep the fans happy. I doubt they accounted for the inflation in the market or Rom not being sold.

It is what it is but I'm glad we didn't sell Rom. I want another season with him and another attempt at maybe getting top 4. If we had Williams and Gueye last season we probably wouldn't have been that far away. This season will however be tougher.

Hart going to Torino has to be up there with one of the strangest transfers of all time.

He would have been good for us for sure.

I think that is a real indication that even though we have few quid in the back pocket, we are not going to let other teams (or players) bend us over for a dry bumming !

I'd bet Wilshire to Palace or West Ham. They love scouting players based on Fifa ratings! No major club with any sense would touch him, he's on stupid money and can't stay fit. I would be disappointed if we showed any interest.

Where is he going to play other than as a competition for Ross (AM)?

Wilshire does not process with defensive attribute and has no physical presence to play CM.

Think he'd do a job in place of Barry from time to time.
Then we could play a more 'flat' 3 in central midfield.
Plus there will be injuries/suspensions/cup games.
We need a squad, surely?

No your correct there but Trump is the worst example on the face of the earth when it comes to this they are light years apart in terms of there resumes and as far as i am aware Farhad has made most of his money from Brokering deals and investing rather than Starting companies. Most of his shares are apparently with Usmanov in various Russian Businesses and considering the Russians arent really monitored like other Nations probably has quite a bit more than the 2 Billion.
Again you are an optimist. Just because we can't know don't assume that means he has more. He could have less.

Blues,

We've created a dedicated forum for transfer deadline day.

This is to help manage the inevitable uplift in traffic we receive. We may also have to take some extra steps like disabling avatars, preventing new account creations, preventing guest access and more to help keep us online.

Afterwards, we'll merge all threads and they'll sit within the existing Everton forum.

I think that is a real indication that even though we have few quid in the back pocket, we are not going to let other teams (or players) bend us over for a dry bumming !

Wasn't it looking close to £10 mil just for a season loan?
Only thing that panics me Stekelenburg has started really well but watching him past few seasons Fulham and Southampton he has dropped some real clangers and gone on a bad run lost a bit of confidence i know any player can have these moments but the Real top class ones seem to get over it a bit quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back