Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.

And now I'm sad... :(

Looks like yet more years in the duldrums

So if United win the league this season it will have nothing to do with there net spend?
What is the often cited reason that arsenal have not won the league for donkeys mate, net spend isn't it?

The determining factor in league position does indeed correlate Mich more closely with wages paid, tell me mate how's our wages paid look compared to last season?

There's optimism, there's having hope, and then there's blind faith mate, and there's trying to spin a situation to suit your point, can guarantee should we have had a large net spend - we still may well do ofc, that you would have been using that fact to support your case, and not trying to dismiss it as unimportant.

It's not NET spend that's cited though Stevon. It's SPEND.

United have spent what, nearly £200mil this summer. Selling a few players hasn't changed what they've actually spent.

And our wages are higher now than they were at the end of last season...

I've used the fact to support my case when people have been claiming we have made a profit so far - we haven't - our NET spend is £5mil +.

Our ACTUAL spend on the squad is bordering on £60mil

I was just sticking them on BT basically to confirm that's ( lets say we were after 3, 4 or 5 of them) 50m-100m worth of talent. Says to me the money was there but for various reasons we couldn't get them over the line.

We are desperately short up top and am/cm imo so I'm still hopeful we will make some moves. Shame it's come to the last day of the window, though I don't think we've planned for it to be like this.

Koeman said our squad will look different on the 31st so I still think we will have a few irons in the fire mate.

Hope so anyway lol

They're gettin hair cuts mate.

I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.
Whatever happens tomorrow mate there are definite signs that we are moving in the right direction.Lets not throw our dummies out of the pram because we havent signed so called world class players it was never really going to happen.
If we get 2 in tomorrow I would be delighted but if we dont we dont the most important signings we have made this summer will be sitting on the bench.

...yes mate, but this'll be the first time you've done so with a billionaire owner at the helm eh, yes?

The prob with some on here mate (not ref you BTW) is that they all want a POT NOODLE variation on BARCA/MADRID...

Namely - pour on boiling water, cover, peel off lid.....TA-DAAAAAAAA....we have a footy team ready for champions league.

No...what we have now is a been-there-seen-it-bought-the-bra manager who was sought out with purpose by an ambitious owner, who's loaded, yet hopefully unwilling to spunk the pot on shiz like NIASSE

It's not instant, it takes time and for the first time in....hmmm....well, YONKS.... I trust what's going on and I have faith in it as a 'project'.

But some of the jive & conspiracy wham on this though, blimey...

Exciting times yet some are intent slashing over them apples rarrrrr away.

Odd.
Alternative way of putting that: "We've been guilty of hyping up this takeover and its ability to change the rules of the game for us. It's all a bit embarrassing.

Anyway, as you were lads."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back