Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.

I have no doubts that this is in effect the way it has panned out. I'm more than happy to get there over a period of time to be honest. Would rather build a proper football team with players that want to be here now than buy a couple of mercenaries that are after a payday and can't be arsed. I have alot of faith in this club at the moment and it won't disappear if we don't end up making any marquee signings.

I'll tell you what's not right and here's the blunt reality. Despite having a brilliant business man as a new major shareholder, despite having a globally recognised manager, despite having "the most influential man in the PL" in our DoF, the cold, hard facts are that we are not as attractive a club as we the fans think we are - yet.

After 25 years of stagnation and relative deterioration we've a huge amount of catch up to do. Despite the promises of our new management team, and the prospects for our future, until we achieve things on the pitch and off it we won't attract the very highest level of players because in footballing terms (which ultimately is what players are interested in) we're also rans - a great club with a great history, but not currently at the highest levels of the game.

We thought, I thought, we could sell a good enough pitch to make some of the very best want to come to us, be part of the project, but the sad truth is that a professional footballer's career is short, and they will only deal in the now, not the future.

I've no doubt we'll make it back to the highest levels, but I'm a fan and can wait, a professional footballer has options and can have jam today, not just tomorrow.

Can we get a bot to remind people of this? We haven't won a trophy in my lifetime, I've never seen us win a trophy and I'm 20. Yes we all hold Everton in the highest regard in world football but shockingly not everyone else does. People need to take their blue tinted glasses off and realise we haven't been a big club since what? the 80's? We have just finished 11th twice and yet people expect world class players to flock to us because we're Everton? People need a reality check on here.

So if United win the league this season it will have nothing to do with there net spend?
What is the often cited reason that arsenal have not won the league for donkeys mate, net spend isn't it?

The determining factor in league position does indeed correlate Mich more closely with wages paid, tell me mate how's our wages paid look compared to last season?

There's optimism, there's having hope, and then there's blind faith mate, and there's trying to spin a situation to suit your point, can guarantee should we have had a large net spend - we still may well do ofc, that you would have been using that fact to support your case, and not trying to dismiss it as unimportant.

So united need to have the highest net spend in order to win the league. What happens if he shifts out 4 players for around £60m and there net spend drops, does that mean they can't win the league.

Net spend is a kopite excuse for not winning the league. If your squad is stronger at the end of the window then it's been a success, if that means you've spent less than you sold then you've played a blinder

Really mate?

All of the names mentioned managers and players we spoke to, had interest in, they had interest in us (Jose for different reasons). We placed bids for each of the players as I've explained on numerous occasions.

The £100 million was not from me, and I certainly wasn't played in telling the site that Martinez was to be sacked, the precise day of his sacking, Lukaku was staying, Stones was to be sold, Koeman was our first choice, we'd have a DoF in place etc etc.

It's not a precise art, and most people understand the concept of caveat audiens, I certainly do with the people I speak to.
So again as you asked another poster a few months ago.

Any evidence of this interest?

Think everyone called bobby's sacking and I'm sure you changed your stance on koeman a few times!

Dof yeah OK just a shame you didn't at any point call the right name even though you did suggest a few!

But anyway "he is ours" and "Friday".

...yes mate, but this'll be the first time you've done so with a billionaire owner at the helm eh, yes?

The prob with some on here mate (not ref you BTW) is that they all want a POT NOODLE variation on BARCA/MADRID...

Namely - pour on boiling water, cover, peel off lid.....TA-DAAAAAAAA....we have a footy team ready for champions league.

No...what we have now is a been-there-seen-it-bought-the-bra manager who was sought out with purpose by an ambitious owner, who's loaded, yet hopefully unwilling to spunk the pot on shiz like NIASSE

It's not instant, it takes time and for the first time in....hmmm....well, YONKS.... I trust what's going on and I have faith in it as a 'project'.

But some of the jive & conspiracy wham on this though, blimey...

Exciting times yet some are intent slashing over them apples rarrrrr away.

Odd.

Doesn't change the fact that this transfer window so far has been any different to many others over the years, selling your best young talent before buying. Also linked with everyone but struggle to get the names over the line.

The truth is that our squad at present is maybe 2 or 3 injuries to key players / positions of being in danger of dropping like a stone down the league. Can you imagine if Stek, Barry and Rom got injured with our current squad?

I am disappointed with the transfer activity but I am over the moon with Koeman, I'll admit that I wasn't excited by him one bit when we first got him but he has proved me wrong completely. I just hope the board support him all the way.

We will still sign 2 I think, given our hit ratio that would be quite a success within 24 hours. Can't see it being more than that though you never know.

Bloody exhausting all this, glad to be seeing the back of it and getting back to normal life, you know families, and stuff.

It seems that everything from Martinez to Moshiri, Koeman, a new stadium, and of course, transfers have been analysed to death here for months on end. A slow, tortuous, ritualistic death.

I really do not want to be so overtly familiar with Everton's business model and the intricacies of same, though I will say as it stands right now for transfers I'm disappointed. That should change.

But I really just want to watch Everton play and cheer them on, celebrate our wins, that kind of idea. Being a fan.

I don't believe positivity should be mandated and differing opinions bring life to discussions but the toxicity thrown around is absurd it's a football forum not an inquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back