Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you expected too much from one transfer window as a sign that things were changing. Davek is doing the same. Moshiri doesnt have the financial resources available to Man City. Their takeover and how it happened was a one off.
Chelsea, PSG, Inter Milan etc, etc, etc

@The Esk

When the window closes and the dust has settled would you be able to write a piece about (without naming sources) departments from which you receive your information and the process of you receiving it.

Eg, what stage you'd hear your information? How delayed it is reaching you? How many times the information has been passed on (i.e Chinese whispers) and how legitimate the information is (in regards to the prospect of the club creating whispers to sound out moles)?

It would be interesting to know at what stage these deals have been collapsing. It's intriguing to know why a Witsel would agree terms to then cancel these terms. It appeared that he would rather have stayed in St Petersburg than come to us had Juventus not been an option and this just doesn't correlate with the idea that he would have been willing to sign.

If, as earlier mentioned the 'wider football community' were aware of Everton being big competitors under Moshiri, Walsh and Koeman why haven't agents forced the hands of their clients? Why aren't we matching wage offers of current clubs i.e. pay Mata what United currently are or pay Witsel more than Juventus will, enough to turn his head.

It's almost like Everton are saying "listen, we will be back at the top - but we're not going to spend our way there". Man City took the plunge to increase their stock and unless we are willing to do the same in the near future we won't start ourselves on the track they did. If we really want to compete at the top we are eventually going to have to pay players the 250K Wayne Rooney earns or the £150K David De Gea earns.

We replace quality with slightly better quality as the years go on and that's the only way we are going to achieve but never are we going to be winners on a consistent basis with a mid table wage structure whether Moshiri likes the idea of value for money or not.

I don't doubt that the feeling in and around the club has changed otherwise I doubt Lukaku would suddenly re-commit but it doesn't seem like the progress is going to be as imminent as we thought.

I'll tell you right now: someone in the club is feeding him positive propaganda so he can type it to the masses and make it look like Everton FC are a force to be reckoned with. It's not Esk's fault, he's trying to be a good bugger and give Blues some good news.

I'll tell you right now: someone in the club is feeding him positive propaganda so he can type it to the masses and make it look like Everton FC are a force to be reckoned with. It's not Esk's fault, he's trying to be a good bugger and give Blues some good news.

I hate to repeat myself, but why would they do this? It's a terrible idea! It makes both him and the club look dumb. Look how angry it made everyone!

So they can "make it look like EFC are a force to be reckoned with"? To who? This message board? For what purpose?

I hate to repeat myself, but why would they do this? It's a terrible idea! It makes both him and the club look dumb. Look how angry it made everyone!

So they can "make it look like EFC are a force to be reckoned with"? To who? This message board? For what purpose?

Remember when we "bid" for Alan Shearer?

@The Esk

When the window closes and the dust has settled would you be able to write a piece about (without naming sources) departments from which you receive your information and the process of you receiving it.

Eg, what stage you'd hear your information? How delayed it is reaching you? How many times the information has been passed on (i.e Chinese whispers) and how legitimate the information is (in regards to the prospect of the club creating whispers to sound out moles)?

It would be interesting to know at what stage these deals have been collapsing. It's intriguing to know why a Witsel would agree terms to then cancel these terms. It appeared that he would rather have stayed in St Petersburg than come to us had Juventus not been an option and this just doesn't correlate with the idea that he would have been willing to sign.

If, as earlier mentioned the 'wider football community' were aware of Everton being big competitors under Moshiri, Walsh and Koeman why haven't agents forced the hands of their clients? Why aren't we matching wage offers of current clubs i.e. pay Mata what United currently are or pay Witsel more than Juventus will, enough to turn his head.

It's almost like Everton are saying "listen, we will be back at the top - but we're not going to spend our way there". Man City took the plunge to increase their stock and unless we are willing to do the same in the near future we won't start ourselves on the track they did. If we really want to compete at the top we are eventually going to have to pay players the 250K Wayne Rooney earns or the £150K David De Gea earns.

We replace quality with slightly better quality as the years go on and that's the only way we are going to achieve but never are we going to be winners on a consistent basis with a mid table wage structure whether Moshiri likes the idea of value for money or not.

I don't doubt that the feeling in and around the club has changed otherwise I doubt Lukaku would suddenly re-commit but it doesn't seem like the progress is going to be as imminent as we thought.

If that happens will you say what you really mean, rather than hiding it behind a 'request for info' type diatribe?

If that happens will you say what you really mean, rather than hiding it behind a 'request for info' type diatribe?

I've said before I don't believe Esk's information source is credible but I don't think it's Esk himself fabricating the rumours.

Whatever is going on, it just reinforces to me my belief that competing on the field will be Mr Moshiri's weak point. He is going to be amazing for us off field.
Been an average at best transfer window, and whatever happens tomorrow bar a surprise statement signing which has a Buckley's chance of happening, we won't be competing for titles any time soon if transfer windows like these keep happening.

I've said before I don't believe Esk's information source is credible but I don't think it's Esk himself fabricating the rumours.

Asking about how far down the food chain the info is? "Yes Jack the chain is 25 layers of people before I get the info"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back