Everton Transfer Thread 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
thing is Tubes, and I know we disagree on a few things, but people have been asking for a big tent signing all summer.

There's reliable reports we are seriously looking to 'smash' our transfer record on a player who was a start at the 2014 World Cup and, while inconsistent, is a quality player.

Yet they aren't happy.

(obviously, this post comes with the caveat that he's crap when we don't sign him)

Lad never said I wouldn't be happy with him. I do hope we get him.

Hey fellas,

how are you doing?

So I decided to register myself in your forum to tell you a bit more of Brahimi. I have read some of you saying that he's not a good sign nor a good player and that you maybe don't need him -others don't even know anything about him-

Well. I been supporting him since he signed for my team, Granada CF. I couldn't believe when it happened, he came from a french team, Stade Rennais, and he wasn't playing there as he was having some problems with their coach, yeah, we signed a, theorically, problematic player, but later on we discovered that it was more like a coach problem that a player problem.

At Granada is where Brahimi started to shine, forging his own legend as he quickly became the best player of our team, every match was carried by him, no matter if we were facing Barcelona, Real Madrid or Sevilla. He would try to create some good plays even though our team was lackluster. Playing in a defensive team like our team, he managed to be the best dribbler of Europe 2014 with more succesful take-ons and the best African player.

At Porto, he did some fine seasons, even scoring ~10 goals in Champions League, which is not a tiny amount. He was (or is) also one of the best players at Porto and seems to be that now it's time for him to move, honestly, I didn't expect him to be signing for Everton (i'd prefer another team, but i really like your team, hopefully Lukaku doesn't leave) but now im so pumped out.

If you sign Brahimi, you'll sign a great player, maybe he needs to improve his pass (in that matter, he's not Özil or Modric, which can make these outstanding passes to strikers) but he's a superb player overall, incredible ball skills, honestly, it's the best dribbler i've seen. Also his finishing skills are more than decent and so are his free kick skills, he scored some beauty ones.

Well, that's it for today. Excuse my english! Tried my best, though.

Hopefully you sign him.

Take care!

Well yes. However the point Dave made is about how we have arrived at that decision which looks a bit odd as we seemed to be linked with him a while back.

Linked with him by papers that have got nothing right about us all summer mate.

The journos that are decent for Everton stuff (Joyce and Hunter) both said no interest in him, I'm pretty sure...

if we're looking at shipping out mccarthy, cleverley or both - it'll only be if we bring in a centre mid imo.

There seems to be a lot of loans being branded about e.g. hart, bony, wilshere and now i see mangala. Players like fabregas or schneiderlin should be worth a sneaky go imo, even if it is too late to do a perm deal for now.

Just on Hart, there was every intention of him coming to Everton when I last mentioned him. He met with Koeman last Wednesday, and Koeman decided he wasn't for him (reasons not disclosed).

The following day he said at his press conference he was not interested in Hart. So the information was correct at the time of publishing. The fact that it didn't happen does not mean the information was wrong at the time

he went a bit further than that and said he never had any interest, not many of us here believed that part, but it did give me the feeling hart must have annoyed him a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back